How to Fix Webroot Authentication and Error Code 1308?by Jeniffer Leio Excutive
Nowadays, Webroot security software is one of the most popular antivirus programs around the globe. This antivirus works effectively and very efficient in removing all sorts of malware viruses, worms, Trojans, spyware etc from the computer system. It provides the complete real-time protection against all the possible threats and infections.
Even though the Webroot antivirus works efficiently, but sometimes the user may face technical issues and errors while using Webroot software which might lead to malfunctioning of the program. In order to troubleshoot some advanced technical glitches, you may need to contact the Webroot Customer Support. However, you can resolve simpler and regular issues by yourself if you follow the tutorial step by step.
While installing Webroot software, you might get Error code 1308. The prompt will display “Source file not found.” But when you check the folder, you will see that the source file is present. You will get three options. These buttons will be for Aborting, Retrying, or ignoring the software installation.
CAUSES FOR ERROR 1308:-
While trying to install the Webroot product, you may receive a 1308 error which will indicate that the installer is not able to locate the file. This error either displays on the computer screen or it is located in the installation log file. Error 1308 indicates that the specified file could not be found on the installation media or in its deployment location. Here are some possible causes for Error 1308:
- Corrupt download of Webroot antivirus software.
- Incomplete installation of Webroot antivirus software.
- Some recent Webroot antivirus related change i.e. installation or un-installation may cause corruption in the windows registry.
- Virus or malware infection may have corrupted the Windows system files.
- Webroot antivirus software related files may have been corrupted by a virus infection.
- Another malicious program removed the Webroot software related files.
HOW TO FIX WEBROOT AUTHENTICATION AND ERROR CODE 1308?
It is not only frustrating to get Error while trying to install a security software but it is necessary to resolve this error as soon as possible because the computer should not be without a security solution for a long time. If you are getting Error 1308 while trying to install Webroot, follow these steps to fix it:
- Create a back up of the software
- Then, Delete the folder named c:/autodesk.
- Now, Use the browser method and download the Webroot software again.
- Turn off the Webroot virus scan and extract the antivirus software again.
- Exit from the installation
- Then, Right-click on the c:/autodesk folder.
- Click on the properties option.
- In the permissions for users, option-click allow for full control.
- Check whether the Webroot antivirus software is off.
- Go to the extraction folder.
- Right click on the setup.exe option
From the drop-down menu click on run as administrator.
The downloaded software application of Webroot might be incomplete or corrupt. You should try to disable the virus protection and then download the software again. If you have installed the software from a CD then do the following:
- Make a new folder on the local hard drive on your computer.
- Copy the contents of the Webroot software installation CD and move them to the local hard drive.
The above-mentioned methods will surely help you but if you are facing any problem then contact the Webroot customer support. The Technicians are skilled and certified professionals and available 24*7 to assist you and help you with every problem related to Webroot antivirus. For instant support, dial the toll-free number of Webroot customer support.
Source: Webroot Customer Support
Created on May 16th 2018 05:32. Viewed 175 times.