How to Fix VPN Not Working on Windowsby Jeniffer Leio Excutive
Some of the Windows users face the recurring issue where the in-built Windows VPN connection is not able to reconnect once they have disconnected it. But, the procedure can be successful in case the user restarts the computer. This error mostly occurs on PPTP connection and Windows 10. Follow the methods listed below to fix VPN not working on Windows issue.
Here’s How to Fix VPN Not Working on Windows
• Reset TCP IP Settings
1. Click on Windows and R keys together to launch the Run pop-up box.
2. After that, enter “cmd” in the search bar.
3. Click on the Control +Shift +Enter keys together for launching the Command Prompt.
4. When the User Account Control menu opens on the desktop, press on the Yes option.
5. In the Command Prompt, enter the below-mentioned commands and click on the Enter option:
Enter ‘netsh winsock reset’ and after that, click on the enter option.
Enter ‘netsh int ip reset’ and after that, click on the enter option.
Enter ‘ipconfig /release’ and after that, click on enter option.
Enter ‘ipconfig /renew’ and after that, click on enter option.
Enter ‘ipconfig /flushdns’ and after that, click on the enter option.
6. After completing the resetting process of TCP or IP, exit from the Command Prompt window and you need to check in case the VPN not working on Windows issue is fixed.
7. In case you are not able to connect with VPN once you have disconnected it, then follow any other method to solve this issue.
• Pair Through the VPN Menu
1. Click on the Windows and R keys together to go to the Run prompt box.
2. Enter “ms-settings:network-vpn” in the search bar located at the Run prompt box.
3. Press on the Enter option to go to the VPN menu located on the Settings application.
4. After opening the VPN window, choose the VPN network.
5. Press on the Connect option linked with it.
6. After a few minutes, you can connect to the VPN network again without restarting it.
• Disable or Enable Connection
1. Keep pressing on the Windows and R keys together for opening the Run pop-up box.
2. Enter “ncpa.cpl” in the search box.
3. Click on the Enter option for opening the Network Connections menu.
4. After opening the Network Connection window, you need to right-click on the VPN network linked in-built VPN network.
5. After that, press on the Disable option by going to the prompt menu.
6. In case the User Account Control menu starts showing on the screen, press on the Yes button.
7. Let the network turns into disable mode.
8. After that, you have to again right-click on the VPN network.
9. Select the Enable option for enabling the VPN network.
10. Pair with the in-built VPN network of Windows and check whether you have solved the VPN not working issue.
• Update and Reinstall the WAN Miniport PPTP
1. Click Windows and R keys together.
2. Enter “devmgmt.msc” in the search box.
3. Click on the Enter option for opening the Device Manager menu.
4. After opening the Device Manager, press on the View option by going to the ribbon option located at the upper side of the display.
5. Press on the Show Hidden devices option by going to the prompt menu.
6. Enlarge the Network adapters menu.
7. You have to right-click on the Wan Miniport option.
8. On the prompt menu, press on the Properties option.
9. Choose the Driver option by going to the menu provided at the upper side of the display.
10. Press on the Update Driver option.
11. Press on the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
12. Start the system again.
Aurora is an engineer by day and writer by night. Previously, Aurora worked as a certified technicians for a tech hardware startup. In her free time, she likes to write about printers, routers, web browsers, and other technical stuff. She majorly writes for canon, brother, lexmark printer support etc.
Source: Fix VPN Not Working on Windows
Created on Jun 26th 2019 02:42. Viewed 59 times.