How to Fix “Vcruntime140.dll Missing” Errorby Jack Arona Computer Service
DLL or Dynamic Link Libraries are specifically-designed Windows Components that play a very prominent role in running the Windows independently. If anything goes wrong or corrupted, then the device flashes the Error issue.
The most prominent issue behind these Windows errors is missing data related to Vcruntime and thus flashing error issues. It comes with various error codes on Windows 10. It usually arises when we try to launch any of the desired software.
If the system is unable the detect necessary files, then it flashes missing errors related to Vcruntime and says that the system is unable to start as Vcruntime140.dll is missing from your system. The message further states: Try to reinstall the particular application to troubleshoot the error issue.
Reasons behind the Error
The Vcruntime140.dll error issue is caused due to various reasons such as corrupted DLL files or infected drive or hardware issues. It also occurs when the Windows is not updated to the latest edition.
Pursue these guidelines if you wish to troubleshoot the issue related to the missing DLL files:
Fix the Issue by Scanning for Viruses and Malware
Various troubleshooting programs can be accessed to remove viruses, spyware, and malware as these elements corrupt DLL files. In this case, it is recommended to remove these viruses by running a reliable antivirus program.
One can use a third-party antivirus program for removing malware and spyware. These programs scan for the suspected cause and remove them if possible.
Running System File Checker
Running SFC is also a great choice to remove various hindrances in using the device.
- First and foremost, tap Window key and X tab simultaneously.
- A new window related to Win + X will launch, and you have to select the Command Prompt option there.
Note: Make sure to select the Command Window with admin rights.
- Now, input the data “SFC/scannow” into the Command page.
- Hit the Enter button to proceed and wait for some time for the SFC to perform its operations. It may take up to thirty minutes for the execution procedure.
- In case this process becomes successful, then you will view operation success-related messages.
- Then, hit the close tab and after that reboot the device to perform the rest of all the process.
Fixing the issue by repairing Visual Studio Redistributable File of C++
- First and foremost, press Window tab and R keys at one go to launch the Run Dialog box.
- After that, type the keywords: “appwiz.cpl” into the Run dialog box, followed by the OK tab.
- Now, click on the recent Redistributable file related to C++ of the particular Visual Studio Package listed inside the section “Features and programs.”
- Hit the Uninstall tab to launch the Window.
- Then, hit the repair tab there.
- At last, press the Restart button for rebooting your OS.
Note: The Visual Studio package of redistributable C++ files is mandatory for the execution of all the programs running on C++.
Reinstalling Visual Package of C++ Redistributable Data
- At the start, launch any of the desired webpages on your device.
- Then, hit the tab “Download” located on the expanded page.
- Now, you can choose between these two editions: “vc_re_dist.x86_exe” and “vc_ re_dist.x64_exe.”
- Then, hit the Next button there.
- In case you are in confusion to install the installer edition, then type “system” into the Cortana search panel.
- Then hit the option “About your PC” to launch the Window. It will also provide you various types of functions and actions.
- After that, launch the redistributable Visual Studio file setup box and then download the same.
- At last, restart the system to accept all possible changes.
Copying DLL File to Program’s Data Folder
- In the beginning, launch the Window of File Explorer and then launch the folder path by navigating the drive “C.” Then hit the Windows option and finally tap on the “System32” option.
- After that, type the error keywords: “Vcruntime140.dll” into the search panel, followed by tapping the Enter key.
- Now, a new page will expand, and you have to hit the file “Vcruntime140.dll” and then press the Ctrl tab and C key to make a copy of the same data.
- After that, launch the software folder that flashing the “Dll” error issue.
- Next, hit the Ctrl and V keys to paste the same into the folder of your software.
Note: some programs need a copy of DLL files to run as it is mandatory to check your application and paste the Vcruntime140.dll data into the execution file.
Fixing Issue by Reinstalling the Program
In some cases, the outdated or corrupted program flashes various issues and becomes hindrances in running the system smoothly. In this case, it is advised to remove the corrupted program and then install it again. Pursue these guidelines to do the same:
- First and foremost, you have to navigate to the section of Control Panel named “Features and Programs.”
- Then, remove the issue creating programs by hitting the Uninstall tab there.
- Once you have removed the issue creating applications, then install the latest edition of the program that you have recently deleted from your device.
Jack Arona is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Created on Apr 6th 2020 03:35. Viewed 155 times.