How to Fix “This product key has expired and can’t be used to activate this product” Error?by Maria William Software Developer
Norton is an antivirus security software that provides its users with a total shield of protection to devices, applications, software, and on their online work, from the malware or other viruses. Some of the salient features of Norton Antivirus, which makes it unique from other Antivirus security software in the market are- email spam filtering, phishing protection, and uses the signature to identify the malware.
All the Norton products work efficiently for the betterment and the security of the users. Norton runs on all the platforms, including MS-Windows and Mac OS. Sometimes the user may face certain issues, some of the common issues is activating the Norton product with the product key, which has expired.
The error message as displayed on the screen of your device, while activating the Norton Product with an expired product key is as follows: This product key has expired and can’t be used to activate this product.
Choose as per your convenience from the below-provided steps, to activate the expired Norton product successfully. They are as follows:
Step 1- Look for different Norton Key
- Visit www.Norton.com/Setup
- On the Norton Account page, choose between Sign-in/ Sign-up, as per your convenience. Fulfill the required details as per your choice.
- On the Subscription page, select the Norton Product, for your convenience.
- Look for the Norton product with an active Subscription.
- Do any of the following, depending on your Norton product-
- If the Norton product key is for the same product, which you had already purchased before. Then use the provided product key to activate it.
- If the Norton Product key is for the different product, which you recently purchased for your device. Then you need to click on the Download button, to download and install the product.
Step 2- To add Subscription time, renew the existing Norton product
- Visit Norton.com/Setup
- Now click on the Norton Account page and click on any of the following- Sign in/Sign-up, as per your choice. And continue with the details as per your choice.
- On the Subscription page, select The expired Norton Product, from the list which you want to renew it.
- Then, click on option Renew Now.
- Now read and follow the provided details to successfully complete the renewal purchase of your Norton product.
- You need to activate your Norton product that you just renewed with the correct Norton product key.
Please note- While you go through the renewal process of the Norton product, they may offer you with the new Norton products, as a part of an upgrade option.
If you choose the upgrade option from the provided list of the option then you need to download the upgraded product, after purchasing gets over. Your existing Norton product remains expired.
Step 3- Purchasing of the new Norton products
The new Norton Products can be purchased either online or in an offline mode. For the online mode of purchasing the new Norton Products, you need to follow the correct steps. And for the offline mode, of purchasing the new Norton products- you just need to visit your nearby Norton retailer shop to buy your Norton product, as per your choice. To follow the successful installation, put your correct Norton product key.
Maria Williams is a renowned technical writer. She has been keeping a stern concern over the updates and errors of various anti-virus and security software. Through her blogs and articles, she strives to deliver the information in order to make awareness about the updates and error fixing methods.
Source : http://pcgeekslive.blogspot.com/2018/03/fix-this-product-key-has-expired.html
Created on Mar 14th 2018 01:30. Viewed 431 times.