How to Fix ‘The Installation Package Could Not Be Opened’ Error On Windowsby Harry M. developer
Several Windows users complain about the occurrence of an error on their Windows system or laptop with a message ‘The Installation Package Could Not Be Installed’. The issue has been confirmed on Windows 7 and 8.1 version and not only on Windows 10 software. The error mainly occurs in installing a new app. As every Windows user know, there are often updates available and apps for users convenience. These updates and apps help users a lot by providing them the best of features. On the other hand, this error prevents users from installing new updates and apps on their Windows computer. So, if you are amongst these affected users who are facing the same issue, then you come to the right place.
Source:- How to Fix ‘The Installation Package Could Not Be Opened’ Error On Windows
By launching the service
If you are unable to install new apps and updates on your PC then launching the service again is the best method available to you to resolve this error on your computer. To do so, follow the steps listed below:
- At first, Press Windows Key + R to open up the Run dialog box.
- Type ‘services, MSC’ in the search box and click on the OK button.
- Now double click on the Windows Installer service by scrolling down a bit.
- After that, click on the Start button to run the installer service.
- Go back to the desktop screen, right-click on the screen and click on Refresh.
- Now, try again installing the package and check if the issue persists.
By signing in as an administrator
It is another effective method available to you to resolve this issue on your Windows PC or laptop. By signing in as an administrator, you will be able to resolve this issue in no time. To do so, follow the steps listed below:
- First of all, Press Windows Key + R to open up the Run dialog box.
- Type ‘cmd’ in the search bar and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter altogether to give administrative privileges.
- Now, type the command in the box ‘net user administrator /active: yes’ and press enter.
- Next, log out from your account and choose the Administrator account.
- At last, try to install the package again and check if the issue persists.
Created on Nov 11th 2019 14:55. Viewed 345 times.