How to Fix Nvidia Screen Tearing Issue in Windows 10by Harry M. developer
The tearing screen issue is common for gamers and creates a bad experience for the players. But do you ever wonder what causes it and how to resolve this issue? Here you will get the answers to your questions.
Sometimes when you are playing or working on some high leveled sophisticated application, you will see that the screen of PC is breaking, and visuals of your screen get affected, which ultimately leads to bad performance in the game and work. Generally, this issue generates because of divergence between the Graphic setting of the system and the Refresh rate of the video.
If you wish to resolve the issue of tearing and freezing screen, then you should follow these methods:
Changing the Resolution Settings
- Press Windows + S to launch the search bar.
- Enter the keyword Resolution in the search bar and click on the result under the Best Match, which is Change the Resolution of the Display.
- When the system setting displays on the right pane, scroll down till you reach Advanced Display Options.
- Now, tap on the option Display Adapter Properties for Display 1 and change the settings as per the requirement.
- Here, a new window will appear with different tab, choose Hardware Properties from that.
- Now go to the adapter tab, and tap on List of All Modes, which makes you able to see the list of modes that are available at that time.
- Now you have to choose the resolution setting (available in the options), which is suitable for your PC.
- After you have made the changes, then you have to reboot the PC to apply the changes as the system setting.
Check for Update of the Graphic Card
There is no doubt that any outdated driver can create many types of glitches and creaking hinges to the working of the screen. If you own an outdated driver, then you have to follow these steps:
- Launch the Run by clicking the Windows key and R key simultaneously.
- Enter the Devmgmt.msc in the command area, then hit Enter or OK.
- The window of Device Manager will open, and go to Display Adapter (open it by double click).
- Tap right on the presently using graphic card driver under the Display Adapters.
- Now choose the Update Driver.
- Now a new window will open showing the progress. When the process is completed, then reboot your PC.
Turn of the Gaming Mode and Optimization of Full Screen
If you are the user of Windows 10, then you can optimize the gaming experience with the Game Mode, which enables you to take the screenshot or screen-recording during the game.
Sometimes it obstructs the function of the screen, which leads to tearing of the screen. So, disabling the gaming mode can help you to eliminate the glitch.
- Launch the setting by pressing Windows, and I key simultaneously.
- Go to Game Mode.
- Turn off the mode by clicking on the toggle button.
- Now reboot your PC to apply the changes.
If it can resolve the problem, then you should disable the Full-Screen Optimizations to solve the problem. For that, you have to follow these steps:
- Right-click on the Game icon.
- Select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Now, Click on the box before Disable fullscreen optimizations, which will disable the optimization.
- You have to reboot your system, which will save the changes you made.
Now you can observe that the freezing and tearing of the screen will not take place while you work or play.
Harry Martin is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Harry has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.
Created on Mar 24th 2020 07:31. Viewed 280 times.