How to Fix Sound Not Working in Mac Issue
by Ricky johnshon mobile office activation
Mac users may find that their sound and audio output do not work, causing the Mac to become totally silent and it is no longer responsive to the volume controls. This issue can be quite baffling and problematic.
If you are encountering issues regarding Mac’s sound, then there are a few ways to troubleshoot the problem. Let’s quickly go through the different methods to fix the sound not working in Mac issue.
- Reboot the Mac
One of the most frequently suggested resolutions to any software or hardware issue is to conduct a simple reboot. At times, restarting the Mac does troubleshoot the sound issue you are encountering. Therefore, when even you face a sound not working issue, the first thing you should do is to restart the device.
- Plug and unplug earphones
Are the volume options grayed out? IS there any red light being emitted from the headset’s jack? If yes in either case, then just unplug the Apple headsets and insert them back again. Do this a couple of times. This solution has worked for many people. This is due to hardware issues, and as time passes, this is likely to get worse. Therefore, in order to get completely rid of the problem, take your Mc for servicing.
If you are using non-Apple earphone or headphones, then you may try switching to Apple headsets and see if it solves the issue.
- Install all updates
Some system and hardware updates may solve the problem regarding Mac’s sound. If you have not installed updates in a long while, then you must do it now. Just open the Apple menu and click on Software Update to start searching for and download the updates, if available.
- Quit the coreadiod process
You can try restarting your Mac’s sound controller by stopping the coreaduiod process. Here’s how:
- Go to the Utilities folder.
- Click on Activity Monitor.
- Locate coreaudiod from the list of processes.
- Now, hit the Quit Process button.
- Confirm the action.
- Now, the process will get stopped and will start again automatically.
- Make sure that the headphones are unplugged
If the headphones are inserted into the Mac, then the sound will not come from the speakers. At times, plugging and unplugging the headphone may resolve the sound not coming from Mac’s speakers’ issue.
- Select output and adjust the volume
- Open the Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
- Now, select the Sounds option.
- Click on the Output tab.
- Now, choose the device for sound output.
- In order to play sound from the inbuilt speakers, choose Internal Speakers.
- In order to play sound from the connected television, choose HDMI.
- Now, simply see the Output volume. Make sure that the volume is not set to minimum.
- Reset the Parameter RAM
Conducting a PRAM reset can help troubleshoot a number of issues regarding the volume control and sound output. This method will not affect any Mac data.
- Power off the device.
- Turn on the Mac and hit the Command +Option + P + R combination.
- Release the keys when the Mac starts restarting.
- Allow the Mac to boot up.
- After that, check the sound and see if the issue has been resolved.
Micheal Ricky is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Samuel has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup
Source : https://askmesetup.com/how-to-fix-sound-not-working-in-mac-issue/
Created on Oct 30th 2018 09:21. Viewed 309 times.