HOW TO FIX ‘PUBLISHER HAS DETECTED A PROBLEM’ ERROR ON WINDOWSby Johnny Potter Office Setup
Windows users face an issue on their Windows 10, 8.1 and 7 system which shows Publisher has Detected a Problem whenever they try to open any file Publisher. The error occurs when a user try to access the file from externally and both of the files were created in publisher program. If it’s the scenario with you too then you can follow the methods I have mentioned in this article to fix this error.
Using Graphics Manager to hide images
· Launch the Publisher menu.
· Click on the ribbon box.
· It is located on the upper side of the screen.
· After going there, choose the View option.
· You need to go through the checkbox linked with the Graphics Manager.
· After enabling the Graphics Manager option, go to the right corner of the menu list.
· Go through the checkbox linked with the Graphics Manager.
· Press on the Change picture display option.
· After going in the Picture Display option, change the switch to hide the pictures option.
· Press on the OK button to save the changes you have made.
· Exit from the recent Publisher menu; launch the file, which is showing the Publisher had detected a problem error on Windows.
Recovering the data through the insert text feature
It is another effective method you have to fix this error on your Windows PC or laptop. You can resolve this issue by recovering the data by the insert text feature. To know how, follow the steps listed below:
· Launch the Publisher application.
· Make a new Blank workspace by clicking on the new option.
· Press on the Blank option.
· After creating a new file, click on the Insert option.
· Press on the Insert File option.
· Otherwise, press on the Insert Text file option.
· Once you are in the Insert Text file, choose the PUB file.
· Press on the OK button.
· You have transferred the content to a new folder now.
· Start arranging it, and after that, save the file through the Save As feature option.
· Launch the created file once again.
· Now, you need to check if the Publisher has detected a problem is fixed or not.
Creating the PromptforBadFiles subkey
You can also fix this error by creating the Prompt for bad files and to do so, follow the guidelines mentioned below:
· Click on the Windows and R keys together.
· It will launch the Run prompt box.
· Enter ‘regedit’ in the provided box.
· Click on the Enter button.
· It will launch the Registry Editor menu.
· After you get the User Account Control menu, you need to press on the Yes button.
· After going to the Registry Editor menu, go to the below-mentioned locations, but it depends on the version of the Publisher.
· After choosing the Publisher key, click on the upper side of the menu list.
· Select the Edit option.
· Press on the New button.
· Click on the Dword option.
· After that, you need to give a title to the PromptForBadFiles.
· After creating the PromptForBadFile keys, you need to click twice on it.
· In the Edit DWORD Value menu, you need to change the Base to Hexadecimal.
· You need to also change the Value data to 1 before pressing on the OK button.
· Once you have managed to make a new file, you need to exit from the Registry Editor menu.
· Launch the file which is causing this issue.
Edward Lewis is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding central.bitdefender.com and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Source : ERROR ON WINDOWS
Created on Oct 21st 2019 15:36. Viewed 437 times.