HOW TO FIX OUTLOOK ERROR 0X8004010F IN WINDOWS 10by Johnny Potter Office Setup
Outlook is amongst the best and convenient emailing software that provides several amazing features to its users. Besides, many Windows users encounter an error while accessing Outlook on their Windows PC or laptops. The error shows with the code 0x8004010f on the screen whenever users try emailing. If you face the same error in using Outlook on your Windows PC then you have come to the right place. Here are some of the best and easy methods by which you can fix this issue you are facing in using Outlook.
By setting up the new Outlook profile
· You need to launch the Run prompt box by clicking on the Windows and R keys together.
· Enter the Control Panel in the Run prompt box.
· Press on the OK option
· After that, press on the Mail option.
· Click on the Show profiles option.
· It is located on the Mail menu, which opens on the screen.
· Press on the Properties menu.
· After that, click on the Data Files button.
· You need to copy the default data file name.
· It is located on the Data Files option.
· Press on the Close option.
· You have to launch the Mail Setup menu.
· You will find this in the Control Panel menu.
· Press on the Show Profiles option.
· After that, click on the Add option.
· After clicking on this option, the New Account menu gets launches on display.
· Click on the POP or IMAP button.
· Click on the Next option.
· Type the email account information, which is compulsory in the POP and IMAP account settings tab.
· Choose the Existing Outlook Data File option.
· Press on the Browse option.
· Choose the Outlook data files by going to the Data Files option.
· Click on the Next option.
· After that, press on the Close option.
· Click on the Finish option.
· If you want to change the profile into the current one, then launch the Mail by going to the Control Panel menu once again.
· Click on the Show Profiles button.
· Choose the Always use this profile option.
· After that, choose a new profile which is located on the pull-down menu.
· You will find this menu below the option.
· Press on the OK option to close the Mail menu.
By turning off the antivirus utilities
· For this procedure, you need to right-click on the toolbar.
· Choose the Task Manager menu.
· Choose the Startup option.
· Choose the antivirus program.
· After that, press on the Disable option.
· Now, you need to start the Windows PC again.
· You need to send the email by using your Outlook once you have restarted the system.
By disabling Windows Defender Firewall
Sometimes Windows Defender Firewall blocks websites and there are chances it is blocking Outlook and you are facing this issue on your PC. If it’s the scenario, you must disable Windows Defender Firewall. To disable it, go through the guidelines mentioned below:
· Click on the Windows and S keys together.
· After that, type the firewall in the text field.
· Choose to launch the Windows Defender Firewall menu.
· Press on the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off option.
· It is located on the left-hand corner of the Control Panel menu.
· Press on the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall option to turn off the WDF.
· Press on the OK option.
Edward Lewis is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding avast.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Source : ERROR 0X8004010F IN WINDOWS 10
Created on Oct 21st 2019 16:12. Viewed 346 times.