How To Fix ‘No App Found To Open URL’ Error On Android Deviceby John Jackson Technology
Several users report the ‘No app found to open URL’ error on their Android device. The error usually prevents users from opening a URL on their Android device. There are various reasons that can be responsible for the occurrence of this error but in this article, I have mentioned some of the most basic reasons for its occurrence and methods to prevent it.
What Causes The ‘No App Found To Open URL’ Error
Different users report different reasons for the occurrence of this error. The ‘No app found to open URL’ error prevents users from opening a URL on their Android devices. Some of the basic reasons why you face the error on your device are:
Glitch Preference: Some of the basic reasons for the occurrence of the ‘No app found to open URL’ is preferences glitch. This is a feature provided to Android users which enables users to configure any app to be preferred in opening a specific type of link. On the other hand, this feature has a glitch that causes this error on your Android device.
Disabled Applications: It is another scenario in which users face this issue. Users often disable applications on their Android devices due to several reasons. Users often forget that these disabled applications often backfire if they have an integral part of the system. These applications contain an integral part of the system and shouldn’t be disabled.
By Checking The Disabled Applications
Disabled applications on your Android device is amongst the biggest causes of this error’s occurrence. Users disable apps to free up some space on their Android devices but some of the apps that contain an integral part of the system backfire that result in such error on the device. If this is the scenario, you can follow the steps listed below to resolve the issue;
1. Swipe down the notification bar on the home screen of your Android device and tap on the Settings icon available at the top right corner of the screen.
2. After opening up the settings, tap on the Apps section from the list.
3. Tap on the Application manager option after entering the Apps section.
4. Check the disabled app in the Application manager and enable Google Play and Browser if they are disabled.
5. Try entering a URL after enabling the apps.
By Resetting System Preferences
It is another big factor that is preventing you from opening a URL on your Android device. Basically, it is a feature of your Android device that sometimes prevents you from opening up a URL on your Android device. To resolve it by resetting system preferences, follow the steps listed below;
1. Swipe down the notification bar and tap on Settings option available at the top right corner.
2. Select Apps from the settings menu.
3. After opening up the Apps section, tap on the three dots available in the top right corner.
4. After tapping on the three dots, select the Reset Application Preferences option.
Created on Sep 10th 2019 13:36. Viewed 138 times.