How to Fix Major Problems in Apple TVby Shery Williams Travel &Tourism
Apple Inc offers people one of the best micro-console and digital media player with Apple TV. Regardless of being an ideal product, a few minor or major issues are likely to appear from time to time while using it. But there is a way to solve all types of problems, and you can ideally fix app related issues with Apple TV by self as well.
How to close an unresponsive Apple TV appFew apps keep you in trouble and don't work correctly. Well, you can get rid of them by force quitting. If you don't know how to force quit an app, the easiest way is to press and hold down the Menu button over the Siri remote that you have. It is as simple as that. Follow these steps for better understanding:
1. First and foremost, you need to switch on your Apple TV.
2. Then, you will have to pick up the Siri Remote and double-click on the Home button for Apple TV present over there.
3. By swiping on the right side on the available trackpad, you can find the particular app that you want to force-close.
4. For closing the app, once you find it, you will have to swipe up on the trackpad.
5. If you wish to exit, go to the top left section of the Siri remote and press the button Menu button. The button is red in color and has a "Menu" mentioned on it.
In this way, you can quickly force close an app that doesn't work correctly.
How to restart the Apple TVYou can directly force restart your Apple TV if you are still facing issues with a few apps or the device. Here's how you can do it:
1. Grab your Siri Remote and press and hold the Menu button at the same time. The button will be available at the top left side on the remote with "Menu" written on it.
2. Also, you need to press and hold the TV button, available on the top right section of the remote having a TV icon on it.
3. Hold the TV and Menu buttons at the same time and wait for a while till the status light on your Apple TV flashes.
4. Once the flashlight appears, you can leave both the buttons.
Your Apple TV will restart in a moment, and the black screen will be shown. And, later on, the Apple logo and the Home screen will be displayed to you. Hence, these are the steps that you need to follow for restarting your Apple TV.
How to solve the content related issue?If you face audio or video content related problems with a few particular channel or service provider, you have the option the connect with them. You can go to support.apple.com to find the information about the service providers. From email addresses to phone number, you can get everything related to most of the renowned services that are compatible with the Apple TV.
How to restore factory settings?You can choose to reset the Apple TV if you face tvOS or apple related problem. Go to Settings, then System, and then Reset for restoring your Apple TV factory settings. But, you will have to make sure that you don't remove any local content such as games that are not backed up with iCloud.
1. Firstly, Go to the Settings section in the Apple TV and then select System.
2. Next, click on Reset for restoring factory settings as well as erasing the existing content or choose Reset and Update.
You can easily reset your Apple TV settings and get the recent version of tvOS by following these steps.
How to troubleshoot a bricked Apple TV?Connect your Apple TV with computer and force restore through iTunes if you are still not able to operate Apple TV ideally. You can do it by following the below-given steps. Though, you must note that this process will work only with Apple TV HD because Apple TV 4K doesn't support USB-C port.
1. With the use of USB-C to USB cable, make a connection in between your Apple TV and computer.
2. Then, launch iTunes.
3. Choose Apple TV from the available devices section and then head to the Restore Apple TV option.
So, these are the best ways through which you can use your Apple TV perfectly!
Created on May 23rd 2019 23:44. Viewed 228 times.