How To Fix MacBook Microphone Issues?by Harry M. developer
Did you plugin your headset and want to chat while playing a game but the mic is not working? Do you want to record a podcast using a USB mic but you are unable to do so? If the MacBook device mic stops working, then one of the major reasons behind it could be improper configuration. It is worth noting that the third-party applications can hijack the settings and this prevents the mic from working with the rest of the applications.
With the help of this blog, you will get to know about the method of fixing MacBook microphone issues.
Fixes for mic not working on MacBook
We should begin by looking at the settings and ensure it has been configured properly.
- Firstly, launch System Preferences.
- Then, press on Sound.
- After that, choose Input.
- Next, tap on Internal Microphone.
- Whenever you say nearby the MacBook, the audio input should register.
- If it is not happening or else the Internal Microphone is not an option, then note that the MacBook device is not registering the mic as an input.
Turn on Dictation
Enabling Dictation- even if you do not dictate anything to the device, initiate launch agents, which will make the microphone work like earlier.
- Firstly, visit the System Preference.
- Then, press on the Keyboard.
- Within this is Dictation, choose On.
Delete system junk
- Firstly, download an application that is famous for making Mac’s run well: CleanMyMac.
- Then, do the System Junk scan.
- Observe what device junk it searches.
- Note that it can remove anything the Mac does not require. For instance, old caches and files that may be stopping the Mac mic from working.
Reset the Mac PRAM
- Firstly, tap on the above-left hand side Apple symbol.
- Then, choose Shut Down.
- Give time till your Mac switches off.
- After that, put the combination of the power button and the given keys (together): cmd+alt+P+R. Continue pressing for about 20 seconds.
- Then, lift up your fingers, and it shall normally start again.
Look at the Launch Agents
- Firstly, launch CleanMyMac X.
- Then, scan Launch Agents with the help of that feature.
- Next, check which background application running.
- After that, remove any background applications that could be creating the problem.
- Then, test the mic one more time and ensure that it is working.
Congratulations! You have been able to fix MacBook microphone problems.
Created on Nov 13th 2019 12:01. Viewed 723 times.