Checking the status of the printer
You should as quickly as possible verify the printer's status. In essence, this entails looking over the printer's hardware to make sure it's in good shape.
The locations of various hardware components vary depending on the model of your HP printer. When a Wi-Fi-connected HP printer won't print:
- Check the printer cartridge's condition.
- Make sure the paper tray is properly secured.
- Make sure there is sufficient paper, ink, and toner.
- Check the cables and connections between your PC and the HP printer.
Try printing once you are assured that the hardware for your HP printer is connected, in order, and in good functioning condition. Continue to the step below if nothing comes out.
Run Basic Troubleshooting for HP Printers
You can try a few different things with the printer to see if it fixes the HP printer not printing problem. The cables connecting the HP printer's power connector to the wall socket must first be examined.
Next, check the wires that link the Windows computer and printer. Furthermore, make sure the network cable for the HP printer is in good functioning condition. Additionally, check the lights in front of the HP printer.
If the printer isn't already lit up, plug in the power cable and turn it on. You can try to reset the HP printer by turning it off and unplugging the power cord. After a little while, reconnect the cord and turn on the printer to verify if it continues to operate smoothly.
Update HP Printer Drivers
HP printer drivers are frequently the main culprit when the printer is connected and everything seems to be functioning normally, but the printer won't print when prompted. Since each type of HP printer has a different set of drivers, it is crucial to make sure you have them loaded before printing.
The printer won't print documents when the computer instructs it to do so without fully updated drivers.
You can purchase a CD that contains drivers compatible with your printer model or, if you have a constant Internet connection, download HP printer drivers online. Usually, the printer comes with the appropriate CD that contains the printer drivers.
To update the printer drivers, follow the steps below:
- The Device Manager Printer Category should be expanded.
- Click the right mouse button on the HP printer you are currently using to update the drivers.
- Click on "Search automatically for updated driver software".
- Windows will find the new, updated drivers and invite you to complete the installation. If Windows is unable to find your printer's drivers, you must install the most recent and updated versions.