How to Fix Error Message Chakracore.dll is Missingby Isa Bella SEO Strategist
is a file associated with Microsoft Chakra (Private), and it is a Dynamic Link
Library file. This file belongs to your Windows 10 system or OS files, and some
essential system programs require it. If this file is corrupted or missing from
your system, then you might see an error message saying, the program can’t
start because chakra.dll is missing from your computer. This message will be
only pop up when you launch a specific program on your system as not all
programs needed it.
If the same error message appears on your device, then you have come to the right place. In this article, we are going to talk on how to get rid of the “chakracore.dll is missing” error on Windows 10. Let’s get started.
Simple Ways to Fix the Chakracore.dll is Missing Error
Solution 1: Using the System File Scan
See the below steps to initiate the system file scan to solve the issues:
- The System File Checker is capable of restoring corrupted and lost DLL files is the best solution to fix these kinds of issues. In order to start a System File Checker scan, first of all, click on the Start button on the lower-left corner of the screen to trigger Start Menu.
- In the Start Menu, enter Command Prompt and then right-click on the Command Prompt.
- Choose Run as Administrator to open Command Prompt with administrator privileges.
- Once the Command Prompt window appears on the screen, type the DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth command, and then hit the Enter key.
- Now enter sfc /scannow and then tap the Enter button on your keyboard.
- Let the System File The checker scans your system for the missing files and entries. It will automatically fix the files that are out of place.
- Sometimes the sfc scan can take up to 30 minutes, and you may need to wait until it completes.
- Once the scan finishes, head to the Start menu and then navigate to Restart.
Solution 2: Registering the chakracore.dll
If your problem still shows up when launching a program, then it means you now need to try something else. In this method, we are going to register the lost chakracore.dll file back to its place, so even if it was missing, you could back it up. Follow the underneath instructions to bring back the missing .dll file:
- Head to the Start Menu.
- Search for Command Prompt and then right-click on the Command Prompt from the search results.
- Now choose the Run as an administrator option.
- Type “regsvr32 chakra.dll” in the Command Prompt window.
- Hit Enter.
The file has been registered successfully, and now the Chakracore.dll is missing error should vanish from your device.
Solution 3: Reinstalling the Particular Software
If you are facing the Chakracore.dll is missing error while launching a specific program, then you must uninstall that particular program and then reinstall it. Keep on reading the below instructions to reinstall the application that is showing the error messages:
- Head to the Start menu.
- Search for the Control Panel.
- Navigate to program and features.
- Choose the program that is showing the error message.
- Tap on the Uninstall option to uninstall the program.
- Now press the Yes option.
- Once the program uninstalled, make sure to restart the device.
- Install the same program from the official source of the program.
Solution 4: Scan For Malware
Sometimes chakracore.dll is missing can appear due to infected files and viruses. Some malware can prevent some files and programs from working properly, and in the result, you will see that error message again on your screen. In order to remove the hidden malware, viruses, infected program, and files, you must install a trustworthy security program. Once the antivirus is installed, make sure to run a Full System Scan.
Chloe Decker is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet, and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
Previous Article:- How to Use Split Screen Mode on iPad or iPhone
Created on Dec 17th 2019 03:56. Viewed 177 times.