How to Fix 0xc000012F Error on Windows 10?by Jack Arona Computer Service
Windows is amidst the most-efficient OSs around the globe, and Microsoft intends to keep it this way. However, being part of the technical words brings its own issues. One such issue is the 0xc000012f error code. In case any user is facing it as well, then the post would be of great use to them. So, here are the steps to fix the error.
Remove Junk Files
In case you intend to remove the junk files, then you can opt to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- Press the Win + R keys at the same time on your system to launch the Run section.
- After that, input ‘cleanmgr’ into it and hit the Enter key.
- You will see a dialogue section to choose the ‘OS partition (C:)’ and press the Enter key.
- Look at the entries for Recycle bin, setup log files and temporary files.
- Finally, choose the ‘Clean Up System Files’ option and wait for the procedure to complete.
If the users are trying to uninstall updates restore, then they should carefully apply the given steps.
- Go to the Start menu and choose the Settings option within the list of apps.
- In case you are a Windows 10 user, then you should locate the settings button over the “power’ menu.
- On the other hand, in case you are Windows 7 or 8 user then select the ‘Start’ menu and input ‘Settings’ in the search section and afterwards, press the Enter key.
- You will locate a fresh screen on the system, and that is Settings.
- Go to the ‘Update & Security’ tab.
- Reach the update screen and locate ‘View Update History’, select it.
- An applicable updates list will appear on the window, and at the upper side, you will locate an ‘Uninstall Updates’ link, select it.
- You will see a fresh screen on your system that will bring an updated Microsoft services list.
- Choose one and then select the Uninstall option. Don’t forget to redo this procedure for all the services stated in the list of update.
- Now, you have to reboot the system.
Launch System File Checker to Solve Bad Image Error
In case you intend to launch system file checker to solve bad image error, then you can opt to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- Navigate to the Start menu and input ‘cmd’ into it.
- Thereafter, choose the command prompt from the search outcome.
- Select it, and right-click on it then pick ‘run as an administrator’.
- You will see a new screen on your system.
- Then input ‘sfc/scannow’ into it and press the Enter button.
- Now, Windows will begin identifying the problem, and this will solve the above-stated error.
Turn off Startup Services of MS
If the users are trying to turn off the startup of MS, then they should carefully apply the given steps.
- Hold the Win + R keys at the same time on your system to launch the Run section.
- After that, input ‘msconfig’ into it and hit the Enter key.
- Then the ‘System Configuration’ screen will come, select the ‘Services’ section situated at the upper side of the screen and tick the ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ box and further select the Apply button.
- Remember to choose all the apps.
- You should select the ‘Startup’ section, and you will locate an ‘Open Task Manager’ link.
- You will see the Startup applications list and the task is to turn off them individually.
- Once finish the task, shut the ‘Task Manager’ screen .
- Finally, reboot the system.
In case you intend to upgrade Windows, then you can opt to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- Go to the Start menu and input ‘settings’ into it and press the Enter key.
- On the other hand, in case you are using Windows 10 then select the Start menu and choose the Settings option.
- You will see a new screen that will display the Windows Settings list
- Then choose the ‘Update and Security’ option.
- Then a new screen will bring upon your system, and it will display the Windows Updates summary, select the ‘Check for updates’ link.
- Once installs the updates, the issue will be solved. But, for the successful outcome, remember to reboot the system after upgrading Windows.
Upgrade Device Drivers
Out of date or missing device drivers always cause errors in PC. Look for the device drivers update applicable and attempt to install any available updates. You should manually upgrade the device drivers by downloading then from the official site and install them.
Jack Arona is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Created on Apr 13th 2020 01:46. Viewed 207 times.