HOW TO FIX 0X800B0100 WINDOWS DEFENDER ERROR?by Peter Anderson Writer
Windows is an efficient OS due to the courtesy of several; underlying features. Windows Defender is one such feature as the in-built system security tool protects the system in real-time. However, there are times when even the protector malfunctions. In such cases, you might see the error 0x800b0100 on your screen. If you are facing the same as well, then the blog will help fix it. So, here are the steps to fix the error.
Run a Clean Boot
In case the user wishes to run a clean boot, then they can pursue the mentioned instructions.
· Hold Win + R keys combination on your system to launch the Run pop-up box.
· After that, input the ‘msconfig’ into it and hit the Enter key.
· You should reach the Services section and click on it.
· Navigate to the box of ‘Hide All Microsoft Services’ and tick on it.
· Select the Disable All option.
· You should click on the Startup section.
· Go to the Task Manager option.
· Select it, and right-click on it, then choose the Disable for all procedures found in the Startup section.
· You have to click on the OK to verify the changes.
· Now, restart the system for the modification to take effect.
Check the Windows Defender Service
In case the user wants to check the Windows defender service, then abide by the provided steps.
· Hold Win + R keys to launch the Run dialogue section.
· Thereafter, enter ‘msconfig’ into it and hit the Enter key.
· You should find the Windows Defender.
· Go to the pursuing items and twice click on it:
o Windows Defender Service
o Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service
o Windows Defender Network Inspection Service
· Don’t forget to set the Startup Type to Automatic and that the service is Started.
Check the System for Malware
Windows Defender automatically activates due to the present infection within the Windows 10 system. As such, install the best third-party antivirus utility to run a full scan and cleanup of the Windows PC.
Run an SFC
In case the user wishes to run an SFC, then they can pursue the mentioned instructions.
· Hold the Win + X keys altogether on your keyboard.
· After that, choose the Command Prompt.
· You should type the pursuing in cmd: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.
· Click on the Enter key.
· Once the process is finished, enter the pursuing in the cmd: sfc /scannow.
· You have to allow ‘System File Checker’ perform.
· Now, reboot the system.
Run a DISM
In case the user wants to run a DISM, then abide by the provided steps.
· Go to the Start logo on your system.
· After that, enter ‘cmd.exe’ into the Windows Search.
· You should reach the command prompt, and right-click on it then select the Run as administrator.
· Enter in the pursuing line: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.
· Hit the Enter key to perform the command.
· You have to wait for it to run the scan, it can take between 5 to 10 minutes.
· In case the growth bar gets stuck on 20 %, don’t worry, that’s completely usual, you require to be patient.
· Once the scanning process of DISM completes, reboot the system.
Hey I am Alex Clara, a certified technical professional for bitdefender with over five years of experience. If you face any issue regarding your bitdefender.com/activate then can help in all sorts of problem and get instant solution from bitdefender Experts in a small time period.
Created on Mar 23rd 2020 04:40. Viewed 146 times.