How to enable Discord Screen Shareby Joanna Thompson Student
Discord is a complete voice and text chat platform that allows you to configure large or small chat servers for your discord gaming, social, or business groups. However, what many people do not know about discord is that it also offers a complete solution for video calls and discord screen sharing.
You and up to nine other friends on your discord server can make live videoconferences while writers simultaneously. This feature is integrated into the main Discordia application - no additional programs need to be installed.
Also, see our article How to erase all messages in discord
In this article, I will explain to you how to set up and use Discord's shared screen and video call features.
Discord Screen Share & Video Call settings
To begin, we need to make sure that your video and audio hardware is configured correctly in your Discord client. Connect any webcam and the microphone you plan to use for video chat.
Video / Camera Settings
To get started:
· First, access the configuration page. It is done by clicking on the gear icon just to the right of your username at the bottom left of the Discord interface
· In the menu on the left, click on “Application settings” and select “Voice and video.” There, you can adjust your settings for voice and video chat.
· Scroll to the Discord "Video settings" section and select your camcorder from the drop-down menu.
· On the right, you have the option "Test video" to make sure everything works correctly.
· If you are using the Discord browser application instead of the stand-alone client, you may need to enable access to the camera from the pop-up window to use the device correctly.
· If so, click on the "Allow" button to confirm access
Add friends to your Call List
To start a video call, you must be a friend in discord with all members of the call group. Once all the people you want to include in the call is on your friend's list, it is time for the invitation to begin! If you have not already done so, go to your homepage by clicking on the Discord photo icon located on the top left side of the screen, just above the list of servers to which you are affiliated with.
· Open your Discord "Friends List" by clicking on Friends.
· From here, you can click on the friend's username or hover over his name, which will show the option to start a discord video call. If you chose the route of travel, skip the next step.
· By clicking on the discord friend's name, you will have opened a DM with him. Above the DM window, you can choose to start a video call by clicking on the corresponding icon. (If you are using the iPhone or Android client, you can begin to a discord video call by touching the triple dot icon at the top right of the screen while in a Direct message or group message and selecting "Start video call" in the options).
Using video call and screen sharing features (PC)
Once your video call has started, there are several functions that you can use to organize things the way you would like. Here is a disruption of what you can do.
1. Expand the down arrow
The left-most icon with which you can work is the "Expand down" arrow button. During a discord video call, clicking on the arrow button will expand the Discord video screen to the maximum height set by you in Discord.
2. Video sharing to a shared screen
The next two icons at the shape of the screen will give you the option to switch from a video call to enable screen sharing. You should already be familiar with the "Video Call" icon, but the one on the left (a monitor screen with an arrow in the center) is the "Share Screen" icon.
You can switch between the two at any time during the call. When switching to a shared screen, you can choose which monitor screen you want to share or a specific application window. You can even shift from one monitor to another and vice versa by clicking on the shared screen icon while you are already sharing the screen.
3. Leave Discord Call button
The next button is the "Leave call" button. It option does exactly what it says, and when pressed, it will drop the call. Avoid accidentally clicking on this button until the call is over.
4. Toggle silence and user settings
To the right screen of the "Leave call" option is an icon that looks like microphones. This is the "Mute Toggle" icon option and will silence or cancel the silence of your microphone when you click on it. Next to this icon in the "User Settings" icon, similar to the one that appears in the Discord main page window.
5. Toggle fullscreen
When you click on this icon, the video call screen will be fully enlarged, regardless of the current view. To exit the full screen, click on the view selector or the collapse icon or press the ESC key.
By clicking on a user's avatar while on the normal screen of a group video call, you can focus their video while stacking others in a tent on the right. To change the approach to a different user, click on another user from the tent menu.
If you switch to another direct message screen or another server, the video call will go to a picture-in-picture view. You can also absolutely freely move the window around the screen to the position that best suits your needs. Video options will still be available in the window. Clicking on the name in the upper left will return to the current call window. In the lower right, you can click on the icons to share the screen and make video calls whenever you want.
Share sound while sharing a screen
You have the option of activating screen sounds when in the shared screen mode. Allow those on the other side of the call to hear all the beeps and chimes as you guide them around your screen or educate them about a specific application. For the latter, you must toggle between SOUND and "Application Window."
Discord Screen sharing is not currently available on mobile devices.
Use of video call and screen sharing functions (Smartphone)
The user interface for the mobile version of the Discord application is somewhat different from the desktop version.
Audio output (iOS only)
Located at the top right of the pc screen next to the Change Camera icon, this option will allow you to change the audio output between using the default speakers of your iPhone or any wireless headset. The icon is displayed as a smartphone with a speaker in the lower right.
You can easily switch between the cameras facing forward and backward of your smartphone. The Discord icon is displayed as a camera with a double-headed arrow.
Towards the bottom center of your smartphone's screen, the left-most icon is the Toggle Camera icon. Tap this icon to enable or disable the camera view.
Change the silence
The icon on the right at the bottom center of the screen of your smartphone. Tap this button to mute and cancel the silence of your phone's microphone.
Need more Discord resources? We have you covered!
Are you running a Linux installation? Here's how to install Discord on open-source Ubuntu Linux! If you are configuring a server for your guild, you will want to take a look at our complete guide to set a Discordia server. For amour text effects, see our tutorial on how to change text colors in Discord.
Add some melodies to your online chat by learning to add a music bot to your Discord server. Finally, each server administrator should consult our guide to add, manage, and remove features on his Discord server.
Created on Jan 27th 2020 07:50. Viewed 252 times.