How to Enable DirectPlay in Windows 10by Nishant Bhati Digital marketing expert DirectPlay is an antiquated API library primarily used to enable the multiplayer function for computer games. When Microsoft decides to roll out games for Windows Live, DirectPlay will no longer be required for new games.
DirectPlay is an antiquated API library primarily used to enable the multiplayer function for computer games. When Microsoft decides to roll out games for Windows Live, DirectPlay will no longer be required for new games. If you wish to play games that date back to early 2000 you must have DirectPlay. Let’s explore the process for enabling DirectPlay on Windows 10.
1. To turn on, DirectPlay, here are the steps to follow:
2. Tap Windows + R hotkey to launch the Run command prompt.
3. In the run command-line type “Control panel” and then hit the “OK” button.
4. Select “Program and features” to launch the uninstaller utility.
5. Select “Turn Windows features off or on.”
6. Double-tap on the “Legacy components” to enable it, and then click “DirectPlay” option.
7. Now reboot your device and then check the issue resolved.
Tweak the Antivirus Software
Sometimes users receive the error code 0x80073701 notification on their device when attempting to install DirectPlay. In this situation, the third-party antivirus tool may be blocking DirectPlay. To fix it you need to disable your third-party antivirus for some time and then install DirectPlay. If you get the solution, then remember to enable Antivirus software on your operating system after the installation.
Run Game in Compatibility Mode
Here are the steps to follow:
1. Tap on the Window explorer button on your device.
2. Launch the folder that has the game.exe file.
3. Right-tap on the game’s .exe file and then click “Properties” into the context menu, then click the “compatibility” button.
4. Select “Run this program into compatibility mode.”
5. Click an earlier Windows platform from the menu that appears on your screen.
6. Additionally, you can also select the “Run this program as an administrator” button.
Use Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
Here are the steps to follow:
1. Enter “compatibility” in the search field and hit the “Enter” button on your keyboard.
2. Click run for “Programs made for earlier versions of Windows” button to open it.
3. Select ‘advanced” and then click “Run as administrator” button and then tap the “Next” button.
4. Here you need to select the listed game, or you can also select Not listed.
5. Click the “Next” button and then click the “Browser” option to select a game fix.
6. After that, you need to tap the “Next” option to fix this issue.
7. Now restart your device.
Charlie Noah is a Norton expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Charlie has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as norton.com/setup.
Source: How to Enable DirectPlay in Windows 10
Created on Jul 9th 2020 05:43. Viewed 62 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.