How to download videos from Facebook Messenger
by Emily Johnson Technical Advisor
Facebook is the best and well known social media platform today. It has billions of users across the globe. Today, almost every smartphone and PC user has a Facebook account. Facebook has been mainly used for its photo and video uploading features. Users can tell about their whereabouts by uploading photos, videos, captions, and many more. Facebook has become a great and quite convenient way to connect with others with messaging and calling features. Besides this, many of the Facebook users know how to download videos as well as photos from its official site and from its mobile app. On the other hand, very few users know they can download Facebook videos with Facebook Messenger app. You can download any Facebook video with the Facebook Messenger app on your phone.
Here’s how to download videos on Facebook Messenger app
As most of you know already know, Facebook Messenger app used to have a download button, and it has disappeared now. To download any video on Facebook Messenger app, play the video in the app, and there appears the download option after the video ends. Tap on the button to download the video.
You can download a Facebook video on the Facebook Messenger app just by pressing and holding on the video and tap on the Save as dialog option. On your iPhone, follow this method, and the video will be downloaded in no time.
Here’s how to download a video by using Web browser trick
You can alternatively download any Facebook video by using this trick. To do that, follow the steps listed below:
- First of all, go to that video you are willing to download.
- After successfully navigating to the video, play it.
- While playing it, copy the video URL that usually ends in MP4.
- After copying the URL, paste it into another tab and play it again.
- Now, right-click on the video while it’s playing and click on Save video as from the available option.
- At last, save the video and access it on your PC and you are good to go.
By using FBDOWN.NET to download videos on Facebook Messenger
It is another convenient method you have by which you download any video on Facebook Messenger. FBDOWN.Net is a video downloader website.
- Open the video on Facebook and play it.
- While playing, copy its URL.
- After copying the URL of the video successfully, open FBDOWN.NET in another tab.
- After opening up that video downloader website, paste the URL of the video into the center box and click on the Download button.
- Choose the location of the video on your PC and access it on your PC after the download completion.
Emily Johnson is a Norton product expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, she has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as norton.com/setup.
Created on Oct 1st 2019 01:56. Viewed 387 times.