How to Download a Web Page as a PDF Document
by Joey Williams Consultant
While browsing the web, we come across plenty of valuable information on various websites. Not all of this information can be downloaded through a download button. Most of the information such as on Wikipedia is directly given on the webpage, and also there is no option to save it. If you’re working on a school assignment or office project and have found something vital on a webpage, then possibly you’ll want to save that information. Although you can save a webpage in the browser by bookmarking it, what will you do when you don’t have the network? PDFs are the most popular format file and can be easily opened on any device. In addition, it also doesn’t take enough space and hence can be shared quickly. So, there are lots of advantages for saving a PDF of the web pages.
Tips: While browsing when you find something that you’d like to access in future, Bookmark that page. Once you add the page to your bookmarks, finding and accessing it will become easy.
Here is how to download a web page as a PDF document in some popular browsers. Let’s talk about Google Chrome first.
How to save a web page as PDF in Chrome
Without a doubt, most of you prefer to use Google Chrome. If you’re also a Chrome user, then you can save a web page as PDF with below steps.
1. Launch your Google Chrome browser and go the website that has the information you want to save as PDF document. If you’ve saved the page as a bookmark, then you can quickly open it from Bookmarks.
2. Next, click on the ‘More’ button in the toolbar at the upper right corner of the Chrome window. Clicking it will open a dropdown menu.
3. Click on ‘Print’ into the dropdown menu. Doing so will open the Print interface at the left side of your device display. Alternatively, you can press ‘Ctrl + P’ to bring up the Print window.
4. Under the Print window, click the ‘Change’ button under the Destination heading. This will open the Select a destination window on the screen with various printers and destinations options.
5. Click on ‘Save as PDF’ option.
6. Next, click on the blue ‘Save’ button.
7. Under Save As window, browse and select the folder in which you want to download the PDF of web pages and proceed.
How to save a web page as PDF in Mozilla Firefox
Saving a PDF of web pages in Firefox is like a breeze with FoxyTab add-on. FoxyTab is an add-on for Mozilla Firefox that which download the complete tab in PDF file. In comparison with other tools as well as browsers, FoxyTab makes it much easier and faster to download a PDF of web pages in Firefox. Here is how to use FoxyTab in Mozilla Firefox.
1. When you get a webpage that you’d like to save as PDF.
2. Simply right-click on its tab and go to ‘FoxyTab’ in the dropdown menu.
3. Then click Save Tab as PDF. The webpage will be saved to your device.
How to download a web page as PDF in Safari
Go through the below steps to save PDF of a web page through your Safari browser.
1. Launch your Safari browser and go the website that has the information you want to save as PDF document. Alternatively, you can open the page from your Bookmarks, if you’ve added it earlier.
2. When the information starts appearing on the screen, open the ‘File’ tab from the top left side of the display.
3. In File dropdown, click on ‘Export as PDF…’.
4. Now, give a name to your PDF file.
5. Choose where you want to keep it on your computer.
6. And lastly, click on ‘Save’ to finish.
The webpage will be saved as PDF to your device. Now, view it without network, share with devices and users quickly.
Bob Martin is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
Source : Download a Web Page as a PDF Document
Created on Jul 22nd 2019 12:21. Viewed 119 times.