How To Disable Wi-Fi Assist?
by Emily Johnson Technical Advisor
You can connect your iPhone to the internet by the medium of data or Wi-Fi. Basically, the majority of us use Wi-Fi in private or public networks and use data while traveling. You should turn on the Wi-Fi and data connection for keeping yourself online. Many times you might have noticed your iPhone net connectivity stops working whenever you go far from the Wi-Fi network. It takes some time for connecting the iPhone device back to the connection. Through this blog, you shall get to know about Wi-Fi Assist function in iOS.
Know about Wi-Fi Assist
Apple has recently launched a Wi-Fi Assist function. It is made so that its users don’t have to face internet connection problems. Whenever this feature is turned on, it by itself connects to data whenever the wireless connection faces some signal issues. This helps you stay connected with the net even when you are traveling.
Pros of Wi-Fi Assist
Know about the advantages of Wi-Fi Assist by having a look at given below points.
- You can carry on with playing songs, videos and using net even during traveling. Whereas, you may face connection issues if you don’t have internet connectivity. You might be required to visit settings and switch on the data option for connecting net again and again.
- It follows an automatic procedure. Basically, it is helpful during the time of leaving work or home as the Wi-Fi place enables to get connected to the cellular data.
- It is useful the time you have unlimited cellular data plans.
Cons of Wi-Fi Assist
Know about the disadvantages of Wi-Fi Assist by having a look at given below points.
- You shall not be able to observe any modification in your network, which will be resulting in higher degree data usage.
- For instance, you might be watching any video on a wireless network. If you continue playing videos on data, it shall cost you more.
- The majority of us prefer using the restricted cellular data plan. For such places, Wi-Fi Assist shall become expensive.
The method of disabling Wi-Fi Assist
- You might have noticed that the function of Wi-Fi Assist has always been turned on in the iOS gadgets by default. If you have limited data, then I suggest you switch it off for saving the money.
- Look at the given below steps carefully for turning off Wi-Fi Assist.
- Firstly, click on the Settings application.
- Then, go to the ‘Cellular’ or ‘Mobile Data’ option.
- After that, turn on cellular if you have turned it off.
- Next, scroll down.
- Lastly, disable Wi-Fi Assist switch under the ‘Cellular Data’ part.
Congratulations! You have been able to disable Wi-Fi Assist with the help of this blog.
Emily Johnson is a Norton product expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, she has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as norton.com/setup.
Created on Sep 24th 2019 04:46. Viewed 77 times.