How to Convert Maildir to Thunderbirdby Hanah Blunt Software solutions
Are you finding a way to import Maildir to Thunderbird? If yes, you will find your solution after reading this article. To convert Maildir to Thunderbird or any other email client manually is not really easy. There are many tools available for this process. If you want a smooth conversion, Maildir converter can surely help you migrate Maildir to the new server.
Maildir is an email format common for storing email messages. Here, all email messages are kept in a separate file with unique names and all folders are directories. It is used for storing only email messages. Maildir was introduced by Qmail client and is used by many applications also.
The Mail Directory File Structure organizes files in a proper order systematically. There three main Maildir directories are Tmp, New, and Cur.
Mozilla Thunderbird is an open source email client. It generally supports MBOX file format. Maildir is also supported by Thunderbird.
Maildir Converter to Import Maildir to Thunderbird
Maildir Converter is a one-stop solution to export Maildir files to Thunderbird.
It has some unique features which make it preferable over other tools. The user layout of the software is eye-catchy and very simple. Maildir migration software does all the conversions ensuring full security of data. Data is very precious for everyone. We want to export our data without any loss and full security. Maildir converter ensures full security and does all the conversions in the same order along with all the attachments. It has been designed with advanced algorithms to export Maildir files.
By following just a few simple steps you can easily move Maildir to the new server.
Steps to migrate Maildir to Thunderbird
1. Download and run the Maildir converter on your system. Read all the given instructions carefully.
2. The tool will give a dual option to load Files/Folders from your system. Choose the desired Files/Folders to import Maildir to Thunderbird.
3. The utility will show the details of all the selected files. Here, choose the files to export Maildir to Thunderbird.
4. The software will give more than 30 saving options. As we need to convert Maildir to Thunderbird, select the file saving option as Thunderbird.
5. After choosing the destination path, click on Next and start the conversion. Here you can analyze the whole migration process.
6. After the process is complete, a dialogue box will appear on the screen.
Maildir Converter – Advanced Features
1. Export Maildir Subdirectories: The software has a facility to export all Maildir directories and subdirectories into many different formats.
2. Batch export Maildir files: The Maildir converter allows batch migration of Maildir and Maildir++ files in bulk.
3. Exports along with attachments: The tool to convert Maildir to Thunderbird allows the users to export Maildir files along with attachments.
4. Migrate unlimited Maildir files: The utility supports conversion of unlimited Maildir to Thunderbird format.
5. Provides many naming options: The Maildir converter offers a facility for its users to save files with different naming conventions. These naming options will be from the combination of Date, From and Subject.
6. Compatibility with all Windows versions: The software is compatible with almost all versions of Windows Operating System.
Maildir converter enables the user to export Maildir files from all email clients without ant external support. It is easy to use approach. The software has a facility to export Maildir files to a number of formats. There is also a DEMO version available for this utility which lets the user convert some files to experience the working of the tool.
Created on Mar 6th 2019 04:21. Viewed 438 times.