How to Connect Router to the Spectrum Internet Wirelessly?by Wendy Murphy Tech Consultant If you are a Spectrum Internet network user, you can create a connection between your router and wireless devices, including smartphones, tablets and laptops; either manually or by using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) feature.
Read More: How to Fix Slow Spectrum Wi-Fi Speed
In here, we have mentioned both the procedures that you can follow to connect the wireless devices to the Internet.
Method 1: Manual Connection
To connect your wireless devices manually to the Wi-Fi network, you have to enter the settings on each device. You need your SSID (network name) and password, if you want to connect your devices.
Follow the stepwise instructions as given below:
- Go to the settings to manage connection on your device.
- In here, look for Wi-Fi or Wireless option.
- Make sure the Wi-Fi settings of your device is On.
- Now, locate and select the Wi-Fi network name.
- When you will get a prompt, enter your password.
- In the end, select either 'Connect' or 'Join' option.
- This will connect your device to your in-home Wi-Fi network.
In case you face any problem while connecting, follow these tips on Wi-Fi troubleshooting or you can consult the user manual of your router.
Read More: How to Pay Charter Spectrum Bills
Method 2: WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
To connect your wireless device automatically to the Wi-Fi network, you need to use WPS. Using this, you can add computers and other wireless devices to your Wi-Fi network while maintaining security.
Note: Before using this method, make sure your device supports WPS as all wireless devices do not support WPS method.
While establishing the connection, your wireless devices will receive security settings from your Spectrum Internet router. This way, every device will have the same security settings. Sometimes, to activate the WPS feature, you may require configuring your router.
Follow the below-given steps if your wireless devices support WPS feature:
- On the front panel of your router, you will see the WPS button. Press it for a few seconds.
- Now, wait for a couple of minutes and press WPS button, present on your wireless device. For this, you can also follow the WPS instructions of your device.
- Finally, your device will get connected to in-home Wi-Fi network.
Visit Us: https://icustomerservice.net/spectrum-customer-service
Created on Mar 13th 2018 05:57. Viewed 631 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.