How To Change Your IP Address To Troubleshoot Your Internet Connection Or Protect Your Privacyby Romy Martine Software and Tech
All the devices which are connected with the internet have an IP (Internet Protocol) address, and it is a series of numbers which interspersed with the decimal numbers as like “188.8.131.52,” and this number of series acts as the home address of your computer by which other devices can easily find your computer.
It is sporadic to find the IP address of your computer, but you must find it, and it is straightforward to find the IP address of your computer.
Here is everything which you need to know to change your both local and public IP address.
Why change your IP address?
It is sporadic that most people ever need to change their IP address. The IP address is the worldly part of each computer, and the website says that you must watch it at least dozens of times if a hundred is not possible each day.
There may be a reason to change your local and public IP address, which includes:
- Protect your security and privacy: However it is sporadic that anyone can misuse your IP address, and others can find your general address with the help of your IP address, and when you want to anonymous, then you can change your IP address, and your computer will change into the different machine.
- Change your location: Public IP address of your computer will display your general geographical address. When you want to change your public IP address, it will allow you to access the geographically locked content that includes international streaming services content.
- Avoiding bans and blocks: An entity can block you from access of a particular website by using your IP address, and this is sometimes called an IP ban or disables your internet access with a Denial of Services (DoS), and when you want to avoid this problem then you should change the IP address of your computer.
- Troubleshooting: For the technical troubleshooting purpose, you may change your local IP address; for example, if you want to prevent the conflict with another device at your computer, then you must change the local IP address of your computer.
Should I change my local and public IP address?
When you want to change your IP address, then there are several most important questions that you will want to answer, and luckily, it is straightforward to answer that all questions.
- You should change your public IP address when you want to protect your online privacy or avoiding website bans.
- You should change your local IP address when you want to troubleshoot internet issues or hide from the other devices connected to the same network where you are connected.
Way to change your public IP address.
It does not matter which computer you have, Windows or Mac, and it is straightforward to change the IP address of your computer.
The public IP address of your computer is usually set by your internet service providers (ISP), and you cannot select it by yourself. Although you can change it in several different ways:
- Change your network or location: When you want to change your public IP address, then your public IP address will change, and it depends upon where and how you connect the internet and when you have a phone with LTE, for example, if you are using the internet with Wi-Fi and then you turn off the Wi-Fi connection then the LTE signal will compel it to use a different IP address, and you can also connect with the Wi-Fi.
- Reboot your internet modem: When you reboot the modem, turn it off for two or three minutes and then turn it on back; then, it will refresh all the IP addresses from the network.
- Connect with a VPN: When you are using a VPN (Virtual Private Network), it will hide your public IP address and connect to you a server in a different location with a different IP address. When you use VPN, you cannot select your IP address directly, but you can select what geographic region you want to display to come from, which will confirm that what IP address the VPN software will use to identify you.
When it all becomes fails, you must contact your internet service providers to ask them to change your IP address; they may not be able to manage it, but there is no harm to ask for it.
Way to change your local IP address.
- Firstly you must click on the Start button and then click on “Settings.”
- In the next step, you must click on “Network & Internet.”
- In the next step, you must click on “Wi-Fi” and then click the name of your Wi-Fi network on the left side of the navigation pane and when you are connected with the Ethernet cable, then select “Ethernet.”
- In the next step, you must scroll down to the IP address settings section and then hit “Edit” on the detail page of the Wi-Fi network, and when you are connected with the Ethernet, then you must click on “Properties.”
- At last, you must click on “Automatic (DHCP)” and then select “Manual” in the Edit IP settings dialog box; after that, turn on IPv4 by switching the button to the right and then enter the details of the new IP address after that hit “Save.”
Way to change your local IP address at Mac.
- Firstly you must click on “System Preferences” in the Apple menu.
- In the next step, you must click on “Network.”
- In the next step, you must select the network you are connected to in the pane on the left and then click on “Advanced” at the right side of the bottom of the page.
- In the next step, you must click on the “TCP/IP” tab at the top of the page.
- In the next step, you must click on “UsingDHCP” and then select “Manually” in the Configure using the IPv4 section.
- At last, you must enter the details of the new IP address and then hit “Save.”
Way to change the local IP address on a mobile device.
Your mobile device has its IP address as other devices connected with the internet, and you can change the IP address of your mobile as well when you have some specific reason. You can manage your IP address from the Wi-Fi settings page in Android and iPhone.
Created on Jun 4th 2021 07:28. Viewed 75 times.