How to change your default browser in Windows 10by Tom Cruss Blogger
If you have Windows 10, your default search engine is Microsoft Edge, while Mac laptops use Safari by default. While the manufacturers recommend using the default engines, you can change them at will. This means you can open the site in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or any other browser. Here's how to change your default web browser on Windows 10 or Mac.
Step to Change Your Default Browser in Windows 10
Often, when you first install a new web browser, it will ask you almost immediately if you want to set it to the default. It's a great way to do this, as well as import things from your old browser, like tabs, browsing history, and other preferences.
If you missed it or intentionally declined it but want to make it your default, here's how to do it.
- Go to Settings > Applications Select "Default applications" in the left pane.
- Scroll down to the "Web Browser" tab, where you'll see the icon - the name of the browser that is currently set to the default.
- Click on it. You will see a list of currently installed applications from which you can choose. choose the appropriate
this much only! Now any link you click on in other apps will always open in your browser of choice. For more control, you can click "Choose default attachments by file type" to choose where to open file types.
Set default settings for your browser
There's a lot a web browser can do these days, here's how to set some default settings.
- Open the "Default Apps" menu, as shown above, scroll down, and click "Set".
- Now scroll down to your preferred browser, click on it and select "Manage".
- Then set it to the default for the files you want, such as .pdf files.
- To change it, just click on it and select your desired browser.
You have to do this for all file types. You need to set a default attachment for some file types by clicking the plus sign and selecting it from the list.
Enjoy your favorite default browser
Now you know how to easily change your default browser in Windows 10. While many browsers have a button on their settings page that allows you to set them to default, it will take you to the above panel in Windows 10 anyway. So whenever you need to change your default browser, you can switch it right away.
Created on Nov 16th 2021 03:57. Viewed 272 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.