How To Block Promotional Emails In Gmail?by Olivia Jones ***
Gmail plays an essential role in our life. People use Gmail for sending appointment letters, leave applications, resignation letters, etc. At the same time, we can’t neglect that most of the Inbox of Gmail users comprises advertisements. It is worth noting that not all of the advertisements related mails are useful.
Blocking a specific mail sender can be simple. There are a lot of the cases when sellers keep sending unnecessary emails even after we have unsubscribed. It also helps hackers to spy on our private mails by letting them enter directly into the inbox.
Ways to Block Unwanted Emails
- Go For Gmail’s ‘Report Spam’ Feature
- Firstly, sign in and ensure that you have the updated Gmail version.
- Then, if you are using the Classic Gmail look, then change the different types of the display by tapping the gear icon.
- After that, choose the data in the Report Spam feature to highlight the mails as spam.
- As a result, in future, any of the upcoming mails from unwanted senders will go to the Spam folder automatically.
This method is amazing at preventing mails from any unwanted mail senders who keep sending promotional messages. With the help of a few clicks, you can manage all the mails that can waste your lot of energy.
- You can do the unblocking quickly by visiting the Spam folder.
- Think Twice Before Giving Your Mail Address
- Instead of handling the junk it is better to prevent it from entering your Gmail account.
- You can do that by not giving your mail address to strangers.
- To stay on the safe side prefer thinking for twice before giving anyone your mail address.
- To stop wasting your time from reading unnecessary mails, it’s better to make up a random mail address sometimes.
- Prefer Using Filters And Blocked Addresses
This feature can help you minimize promptional mails because it can immediately recognize such email as soon they come.
- It is available in the Settings itself.
It is very efficient in preventing the spammers by not allowing them to be on their way of getting through mails and aliases.
Summary There is not a single person in this world who enjoys unnecessary mails collecting in their inbox, but they do become part of the mailbox. The steps mentioned above may help you decrease the presence of junk mails.
Jessica Davis is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, She has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.
Created on Feb 1st 2019 11:58. Viewed 200 times.