How Often Do You Wash Your Bedsheet?by Vikram R. Content Writer
The bedsheets you lay on the bed gets covered with sweat, dead skin cells, saliva, and oils from the skin in a very short time period. These little critters are too small that cannot be seen but they exist in your bed and make their meal from the dead skin flakes. Most of the people are allergic to feces and dust mites. These dust mites get developed into bed bugs in your bed. Dirt and dust get accumulated very quickly. Therefore it is very necessary to wash your bedsheets and other bedding. Washing the bedsheets becomes a matter of personal preference because of the minute harmful particles. It is not only the dust mites that are hidden in our bedsheet, but it is also a matter to blame ourselves for their presence. A million skin cells get shed every night which is accompanied by sweat and oil. So it is highly advisable to take this thing into consideration and wash your bed sheets and home decors regularly.
How often should you wash?
It is a good idea to wash your bedsheets and pillowcase once a week or once in two weeks. If you sweat a lot in general, have night sweats then you should wash your bedsheet once a week. If you do not wash your bedsheet regularly will lead to increased suffering from health problems such as asthma and allergies. If you, your partner or your child is ill, then make sure you change and wash your bedsheets daily. Moreover, you also need to change the pillowcase daily because they are also used by the ill person and are kept on the ill bed.
Washing off your bed sheets weekly in hot water by adding bleach to it will significantly reduce the number of dust mites living in your bedding. Whether you buy cotton bedsheets online or from the store, you are always recommended to wash your bedsheets regularly.
How to wash?
· Wash your bedsheet separately from rest of your clothes. Turn your machine to a low setting and then add hot water along with good quality laundry detergent. Good quality detergent works very well at low temperatures and will not let the material shrink. Hot water with good quality detergent ensures a great clean. Make sure you read the details of cleaning mentioned on the cover while buying online bedsheets or from the store. Also, follow the instructions provided on the detergent bottle.
· Before putting your bedsheet inside the machine, turn your bedsheet and pillowcovers inside out and roll them. This will help fitted sheets keep their shape and ensure color integrity.
· You can also add suitable fabric softener in the detergent for a little extra fragrance and comfort.
· Once it is washed, hang your bedsheet for air-dry. You can also use a cool setting if you have a tumble dryer.
· Prior to the general wash, always treat stains separately. Some stain removers are also available, but be careful before using it. Always read the instructions and first perform a test-patch.
Overall the cleanliness of your bedsheets plays an essential role in proving restorative sleep. Whether you buy cotton bedsheets online or any other material online bedsheets, make sure you get it washed regularly. A clean bedsheet will not only provide you with a feeling of fresh bedding, but will also help you to sleep better without the disruption of bacteria, dust mites, and allergies.
Created on Nov 24th 2018 07:39. Viewed 403 times.