How Do I Enforce Child Support Order?

by Binoyejos Jos Orange Child Custody Lawyers | Family Law – JosFam

Married couples who wish to divorce must make particular considerations if they have children. More significantly, before the divorce is completed, both spouses must consent on who will have custody of the couple's children. Due to the fact that only one parent may be given custody, the non-custodial parent is often compelled to make monthly payments to their ex-spouse in order to support the kid or children.

As a component of the divorce settlement, many spouses agree on a certain sum. When a couple agrees on the conditions of support payments, the spouse responsible for paying the payments must be on time and make the payments on a regular basis. That being said, the custodial parent will want to keep track of when payments are due to ensure that children receive the money they need on time.

When non-custodial parents fail to pay their child's support payment on time, the custodial parent may choose to pursue the back-owed support. Many individuals instantly jump to legal intervention at this point, but that is not necessarily the recommended route.

First, individuals should send a letter to the parent who is behind on support payments. This should not be an overly threatening letter. It should simply state that the individual is behind on payments and needs to catch up or face legal ramifications. Often, individuals will turn to their Family Law Attorneys to draft these letters.


If the letter does not work, then it may be time to pursue legal action. Individuals may turn to the California Department of Child Support Services, which will work to enforce timely child support payments. Since this can be a complicated and even intimidating process, individuals are encouraged to engage an experienced Family Law Attorney to help them fight for their past dues in child support.


Our goal at Jos Family Law is to assist clients with family law issues that affect the most significant areas of their life. Mr. Binoye Jos, the top family law attorney, can assist you in navigating divorce, child custody, and other family law problems. Contact Mr. Binoye Jos, the finest Irvine Divorce Attorney, at 1-714-733-7066 for assistance.

Sponsor Ads

About Binoyejos Jos Junior   Orange Child Custody Lawyers | Family Law – JosFam

2 connections, 0 recommendations, 15 honor points.
Joined APSense since, January 28th, 2020, From Orange, United States.

Created on Oct 1st 2021 02:14. Viewed 195 times.


No comment, be the first to comment.
Please sign in before you comment.