How Do I Change My Gmail Account Password?by Ronda Lee Get assistance for email
Passwords are a crucial part of every web account. Might be you heard sometimes the hacking-related issues which mostly happened because of the weak password. Expert says, resetting the Gmail password will help the mailer to stay away from vulnerable attacks. Majorly, there are two situations where Gmail password recovery is indeed:
- The first situation is when the users forgot the password and then they seek for recovering the account by changing the password.
- Now, the second case is changing the Gmail password for making the account secure.
Common Way to Reset/Change Gmail Password
- Go to the Gmail login page and select the option 'I Don't know my password.
- Enter your email address in the relevant tab and click on 'continue'.
- On the next page, it asks you to enter the last password you remember. In case, you forgot the last password, then skip the step by clicking the link 'I Don't Know.
- The next page asks you to verify the CAPTCHA verification for proving the human verification. If the CAPTCHA appeared in a distorted order, then click on refresh for getting a new code, or else click the Headset icon for getting the verification code through audio.
- Then, on the next page select an option for receiving the account verification code. You can find two options there:
- A text message (SMS)
- An automated phone call
If both the options didn't seem to work for you, then click on the link 'I can't access my Phone' and verify your alternative email ID hint shown there and click on Continue.
- Check now your mobile number/alternate email address for the verification code. Enter that code in the relevant area of password recovery.
- Once after the verification, you will get a tab where you can gain access to your Gmail by configuring a new set of passwords. Things To Remember:
- Make sure that your new password is quite dissimilar to the existed one.
- Never make your password with any dictionary terms like admin, your name,123456, country name, etc. Usually, configuring those kinds of vulnerable passwords is the vital reason behind every account hacking. If you donâ€™t know how to make a strong password, then make it with a password generator application.
- Never share your password with anyone, by mistake you had shared it with someone then do change it now for making your account secure.
The second way to Reset/Change Gmail password
Reset your Gmail password thrice in a year, which helps your mail to defend against the attack of malware and hackers. Here, explaining-how to reset The Gmail password?
- Select the Settings ( Gear Icon) options in your Gmail.
- Now select 'Accounts and Import' and select the option 'Change Password.
- You are now re-directed again to the login page where it asks to re-enter the password.
- Enter your old password again and click then 'sign-in' which re-directed to a new page where you can change your Gmail password. That's the procedure for changing the password. if you are not satisfied with these steps, you can Contact Gmail Experts by Phone.
Created on May 20th 2021 02:03. Viewed 159 times.