Here’s More on the Top 6 Places to Explore in Kullu Manaliby Veena World Travel, Explore, Celebrate!
Lying on the banks of the enchanting Beas River, the Kullu valley features the picturesque Himalayan resort towns of Kullu and Manali. Owing to their close proximity, these towns are often referred to as a single tourist destination. A great number of tourists book comprehensive Kullu Manali tour packages from renowned travel agencies every year to explore the magnificent valleys, hills and temples present along this region. Kullu Manali is essentially one of the most prominent and popular tourist places in Himachal Pradesh.
Here are some of the best places to explore in the Kullu Manali region:
- Rohtang Pass: Located in the eastern hills of the Pir Panjal range, the regal mountain pass of Rohtang stands tall at the altitude of 3,978 meters above sea level. This pass is located at a higly picturesque region, near the rivers Beas and Chenab that lies along the southern and northern side of Rohtang Pass. This Pass is renowned for providing awe-inspiring views of various hidden waterfalls and nearby valleys. At Rohtang Pass the tourist can find snow throughout the year, and hence it would be the ideal getaway for seeking respite from the scorching heat of the plains during the summers.
- Solang Valley: This popular tourist destination lies on the highs of the Kullu Valley and falls on the way to the Rohtang pass. Solang valley, also referred to as the ‘Snow Point’, is essentially famous for the diverse adventure sports and activities that take place here. Tourists can participate in skiing, parachuting, paragliding, zorbing and numerous other adventure sports here. The Solang Valley lies 2,560 meters above the sea level, and provides picturesque views of the snow-capped peaks and glaciers during the winter months.
- Manikaran Sahib: Manikaran Sahib Gurudwara is a prominent place of pilgrimage for the Sikhs. It is said that a hot spring appeared here when Guru Nanak needed fire to cook for the community kitchen. And, it is believed that people who donate in the name of God here, there lost or drowned items come back.
- Hamta Pass: Lying at an elevation of 4,270m above the sea level, this is a high altitude mountain pass. The Hamta Pass is popular for the exotic and vibrant wildflowers that grow here, as well as high altitude lakes and mesmerizing waterfalls.
- Parvati Valley: Featuring lush green vegetation and a number of marvelous waterfalls, this is one of the scenic parts of Himachal Pradesh. The Parvati Valley provides excellent opportunities for trekking and camping as well.
To book a Kullu Manali holiday package and explore the above mentioned tourist destinations, people can essentially check out the websites of the renowned travel agencies operating in the city.
Created on Oct 4th 2018 02:04. Viewed 878 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.