Healthy Fasting Tips for Ramadan: Do’s and Don’tsby Abdul-Majid Bushr Kanaan Coupon Savvy
Ramadan is the holy month when Muslims keep fast for a month. Fasting can be difficult during summers, as one needs to maintain their energy and stay hydrated during the fasting period. This can be done by having well-balanced meals of both Sehri and Iftar. Sehri meal needs to be such that it provides enough energy and keeps one hydrated throughout the day and Iftar meals must contain highly nutritious foods that provide great energy.
One can also order healthy iftar meals from their favorite restaurants at nominal prices by using Groupon Ramadan Deals; these top restaurants provide various healthy eating options like home-cooked food so that one can enjoy healthy iftar meals. One must follow the below-mentioned tips in order to have a healthy Ramadan and to avoid health problems.
- One must include dates in their diet as they are enriched with all the essential nutrients that help in quickly hydrating and instantly raising the energy levels after long hours of fasting
- Drink as much water and juices as you can before sehri and after iftar in order to stay hydrated.
- Do include vegetables, cereals, & meat and dairy products in your meals as they are rich in fiber.
- Raw nuts and seeds must be included in your diet as they are the powerhouse of all the essential nutrients and will help you to feel full all the time.
- Include things that help in keeping the body cool like cucumber, coriander, mint, lettuce and other vegetables.
- Fruits are also a great option to consume as they are a rich source of vitamins and minerals.
- Avoid junk food like pizzas, burger, noodles, and others as such foods will make you feel thirsty.
- Avoid salty food and carbonated drinks as such food can cause acidity and heaviness in the stomach.
- Avoid consuming sugary and fried foods as they can cause indigestion and weight gain.
- Avoid eating chocolates, as they are highly caffeinated, and can make you feel less full all the time.
- Also, one must avoid drinking tea and coffee during Ramadan month as they are caffeinated products and can cause acidity.
Follow the above-mentioned tips to stay healthy and hydrated throughout the Ramadan month. This year, practice the holy fasting without compromising health.
Created on Aug 8th 2019 01:12. Viewed 301 times.