Hair Transplant In Chandigarh: Cost, Techniques And Benefitsby CIEL Skin care Beauty & Fashion
Hair transplant is one of the most sought-after solutions for hair loss and baldness. As cosmetic technology advances, more and more people are opting for it to restore hair growth and regain their confidence and appearance. This treatment involves grafting hair from the donor area, which is a healthier part where hair growth is full, to the area experiencing hair loss.
When it comes to hair transplant in Chandigarh or elsewhere, two methods used for the procedure are FUT (follicular unit transplant) and FUE (follicular unit extraction).
This article sheds light on FUE vs. FUT to help you understand the techniques, costs and benefits. Let’s dive in.
What Is FUE?
FUE, short for follicular unit extraction, is a method for a hair transplant that involves harvesting hair follicles separately for grafting. A hair transplant surgeon in Chandigarh uses a micro-punch tool to pluck each graft. Then, they transplant the hair to the areas where hair loss is present. The recipient areas acquire the hair through small incisions. The level of scarring on the soft tissues in this method is more or less negligible, going only up to a millimetre in diameter.
Though FUE is safe, infection and tissue death may happen in some cases. This is why it’s important to get treatment from the best hair transplant clinic in Chandigarh. Also, note that the process is lengthy and detailed, requiring 4-6 hours on the day of surgery and at least 3 follow-up revisits. The surgeon puts you under local anaesthesia during the procedure so you don’t feel pain. Once the session is over, you can return to your home right after the treatment without the need for hospitalisation.
● Scarring is minimal, so there is no risk of a visible scar on the scalp. The post-operative wounds comprise dotted scarring that is not visible to the naked eye.
● The FUE treatment is ideal for patients who wish to keep their hair short and need fewer grafts.
● The recovery period of FUE is way less compared to FUT.
FUT, short for follicular unit transplant, is a popular method of hair transplant that involves removing a strip of the skin from the donor area surgically and attaching it to the recipient areas where micro-incisions are made for every hair strand. The surgeon will stitch it to the area, and after 10-14 days, you will have to visit your hair transplant clinic in Chandigarh to get the stitches removed.
In FUT, there is typically a scar left in the donor area from which your hair transplant doctor in Chandigarh removes the skin while the recipient area experiences micro-incisions. The scarring caused by micro-incisions heals within a week in most cases. This procedure also requires you to be put under local anaesthesia so you don’t feel pain during the process.
● It offers more coverage on the scalp. So, it is better when hair implantation is required for a larger area.
● It gives more fullness of hair growth compared to FUE.
● The procedure usually takes 4-6 hours and does not require multiple visits as in the case of FUE.
● FUT is more cost-effective than FUE.
● It is suitable for patients who want to keep long hair. The scarring is not prominent and can be masked with hair.
The Cost of Hair Transplant
Generally, the cost of an FUE hair transplant is higher because individual hair is grafted separately and it takes longer to get it done. The cost of the procedure also depends on the clinic you choose. It’s no secret that the best hair transplant clinic in Chandigarh will charge more as it will be better equipped with the latest technology and have more experienced staff to deliver the best services.
How Long do Both Hair Transplant Methods Take?
In most cases, a FUT hair transplant can take four to twelve hours. On the other hand, an FUE hair transplant can take less than 4 hours for up to 3500 grafts.
The Ideal Candidate for a
● If you have had male pattern baldness for over five years, you can go for a hair transplant.
● Men and women who have lost hair as a result of burns and other accidents can go for hair transplantation.
● People with a dense donor area make for better candidates. The hair recipient area size should be less than the donor area for the best results.
● Women with thinning hair can also go for a hair transplant.
In a Nutshell
Hair transplant methods, FUE and FUT, are a safe way of putting an end to hair loss problems and baldness. If you need a hair transplant in Chandigarh, get in touch with the experts at Clinic Dermatech Chandigarh Sector 9 and enjoy their seamless and quality services to get your hair back.
Created on Mar 19th 2022 02:56. Viewed 95 times.