Fix Windows 10 Backup Not Working Or Windows 10 Backup Failedby James Mehraa Engineer
The best way for keeping your data safe is by creating backups but in situations like system failure or data loss. Therefore many users use Windows backup assistance to back up their data.
But, Windows 10 backup failed or windows 10 backup not working or Windows 10 backup 0 bytes, Windows Backup did not complete successfully, etc. some of the most common backup errors that Windows 10 users have to face. There I have discussed two errors and their best free solutions. So, let’s get started.
Fixing Windows 10 Backup FailedCrisis 1: Windows 10 File History Not Working
#Solution 1. Windows 10 Backup File Not Working
Many of the users face this issue when they use File History to create backups. So, here are some easy measures you can take.
#1: Enable File Windows Search and History Service.
- Go to the search bar.
- Now type service.msc, Services Desktop app will appear.
- Open it.
- Now locate File History and Windows Search.
- Open it and change their startup type to “Automatic.”
#2. Enable and Disable System Protection.
- Go to, “Control Pane.l”
- Then to “System and Security”, now select “System.”
- After that select a driver and “Configure.”
- Now click on “Disable system protection” and Turn on system protection.
- #Solution 2. Windows 10 Backup Not Backing up All Files
- To fix this problem, you can give a try to turn off File History and turn back it on, that will force a refresh. Also, you can try removing the folder from the list and re-add it again. If the issue is still not fixed, then click on the Advanced setting of the File History and go through Event log for any sort of error. And lastly, change “Keep saved” to “Forever.”
#Solution 3. File History stopped working or not running involuntarily.
Backup is working in Window 10 is might be because of Windows File History stopped backing up the data or maybe backup not working automatically.
How can you fix it? Follow these steps to reset.
1. Hold File History
2. Delete its configuration files which you can locate at:
3. Restart File History and select the same backup drivers where were used before.
If you looking for a solution to fix NTBACKUP Error 8001 easily, then give a read to this blog.
Crisis 2: Backup and Restore (Windows 7) Not Working
When utilizing Backup and Restore (Windows 7) to create a backup for only one-time, Windows Backup stating “The backup did not complete successfully” or “the last backup did not complete successfully”. Most of the time this errors when an external hard disk or USB is used. These are some of the reason why window 10 fails to backup files properly.
See Windows 10 backup failed or windows 10 backup not working, etc are some of the common backup errors. But, if you think these are difficult steps to perform or are troublesome. Then give a read to the complete blog here or simply use this professional tool to fix your backup files instantly.
Created on Oct 15th 2018 06:59. Viewed 436 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.