Finding Best Gynecologist to Meet Your Female Health Needsby Shivani Sachdev Founder & Director
Going through any problems related to the reproductive system can be extremely irritating and painful. Most of the women ignore many little signs and problems and does not consult any gynecologist, which at the later point of time may result in far more greater and life-threatening issues. This is important for your health to find a good gynecologist and have a regular checkup every three months or so. So that you can stay healthy and come to know about any threats to your reproductive health at an early stage.
But finding a good gynecologist is not an easy feat. Choosing a gynecologist that has not only good practice but also understands you, requires some work.
Following are some points that you need to consider before selecting any gynecologist:
● Finding a gynecologist who is also an obstetrician - If you are pregnant or are planning to get pregnant, it will be good for you if you select a gynecologist who is also an obstetrician. This way you don’t have to search for another good obstetrician to deliver your baby.
● Years of practice - Though more years of practice does not make someone a great doctor, it surely makes a doctor more experienced and skilled. And if the doctor is really good with years of practice then he/she should be your best choice.
● You feel comfortable with them - It is of utmost importance that you feel really comfortable around your gynecologist. If you are not comfortable enough to share all your problems and symptoms with the gynecologist, then he/she is not the right one for you. In India, one of the most important factors is the gender of the gynecologist. Most of the women in the country feel comfortable with a woman as her gynecologist and is comfortable in sharing her symptoms and concerns with a female instead of a male doctor.
● They are affiliated to a hospital or have a clinic with all the facilities - It is really important that you select a gynecologist that is either affiliated to any hospital or have a clinic with all the facilities of her own. This will make your life much easier as you will not have to worry about rushing to different pathologies to get your tests done. Also, you don’t have to worry about finding a hospital in case of an emergency. Everything will be taken care of if your gynecologist has an up to state clinic or is affiliated to any hospital.
● Easy Availability and Location - When going through pregnancy or any other reproductive system related treatment, you might often need to visit your gynecologist or need to call him/her to clear your doubts or concerns. So it is important that the gynecologist’s clinic is nearby your house and also that he/she is available to clear your doubts whenever you have any such doubts and problems. It is important for you that your gynecologist is available whenever you need him/her.
● Friendly and Caring - If your gynecologist is not friendly or easy to go with, then you might not be comfortable enough for you to share all your doubts and problems with him/her. It is important that your gynecologist is polite and friendly and you can share all your concerns and problems with him/her without feeling hesitant.
These were the few points you can consider when searching for a gynecologist. Hope we were able to help you in your search for a good gynecologist.
Created on Dec 2nd 2018 01:14. Viewed 412 times.