Factors that Determine the Quality of Anti-Pollution Masksby Aaron Ansel Owner
Every year when pollution reaches a new high, news headlines are full of terms like “PM2.5 and PM 10”. By now you must have understood that when you breathe air in which this particulate matter is considerably high, it adversely affects your health.
Anti-pollution masks are a mandate to help you deal with these minute devils. To help you understand this better, let’s dive a bit deeper.
You might have often wondered –“how can PM2.5 particles affect me”. Let’s give you a simple answer to this helping you understand why you need a PM2.5 filer mask.
Prolonged exposure to PM2.5 particles can affect you in the following ways-
· irritation in eyes, nose or throat
· shortness of breath
· lung disorders
· asthma attacks
These short term and long term signs can even prove to be fatal in the long run. The effect depends on a variety of factors, including your general health status and immunity.
Let’s help you with a few dos to help you ensure that your mask stays clean and effective.
· Ensure that your mask covers your face appropriately. If it is loose and allows you to slip your fingers easily, it is not the right mask for you as it will create a window for the particles to enter.
· Don’t forget to wash your face cover after every use. For this, safely remove the filters and wash your anti-pollution mask only then.
· To ensure that your face cover continues to serve its purpose well, replace the PM2.5 filters at regular intervals. To ascertain that you don’t forget to replace your filters on time, you can either put a reminder on your phone or opt for a subscription from a mask brand that delivers the filters at fixed intervals without the need for you to remember when to replace them.
· While removing your face cover, place your hands on the ear strings and unfasten your face cover holding them. Don’t try to remove your face cover holding its front. Make sure you sanitize your hands well before and after removing the face cover.
If you are a fashion geek, invest in a neutral-coloured mask that can go effortlessly with all your outfits. A cover that has a specific color and over the top print might soon bore you and you might want to shift to less safe alternatives like a bandana or a handkerchief, which provide much inferior protection in comparison to an anti-pollution mask.
There are so many types of masks available in the market all claiming to be of high-quality. In such a scenario, how do you differentiate between them and decide in favour of a particular mask? The answer is- certification. Let certification be the benchmark that sets the face covers apart. When you know a mask has been tested to meet filtration standards, you can stay assured that the fac cover you are buying is right.
If you want to buy a high-quality mask that meets quality standards and stands the test of time, visit Puraka. The titular brand deals in face covers that have been tested to meet several quality standards.
Created on Sep 17th 2020 23:48. Viewed 127 times.