Everything about Axial Flow Fans - Description, Function, And Use!by Ventech Systems Air Pollution Control & Ventilation Systems
An Axial Flow Fans moves air parallel to the axis of rotation of the blades. For comparison: the radial or radial fan moves the air perpendicular to the axis of rotation. Axial fans are more suitable for low resistance and high flow applications, radial fans are more suitable for high-pressure resistance and low flow applications. As a rule, the fan types described in this manual can handle "resistors" up to 1-inch water. Axial Flow Fans can have many different operating features depending on various factors
The basic principle of the axial fan provided by Axial Flow fans Manufacturer Noida is that the airflow direction is parallel to the rotor shaft. The blades of the fans press the air to the shaft linearly. They are known to produce a high flow rate and achieve a larger air volume. During operation, the air movements they produce are at a lower pressure and require less energy to operate.
How do Axial Flow Fans work
Axial Flow Fans are best suited for low air resistance and high flow conditions. Depending on the purpose of use, there are several axial fans in the industry. The blades can be bent forward, straight or back. During operation, the efficiency is higher if the blades are bent backward by curved blades. However, the front-facing blades have proven to be more self-cleaning than the rear-facing blades.
Features of Axial Flow Fans
1) The main distinguishing feature of the axial fan is 2 to 20 blades axial impeller, depending on the design and performance requirements. It is connected to a powerful drive motor and placed in a housing designed for parallel airflow from the fan.
2) These fans are extremely energy efficient and can produce more air movement with much less energy. This allows users to save on high costs. Power consumption can be reduced by up to 40% compared to other fan types.
Selection criteria for fans by Axial Flow fans Manufacturer Noida:
According to Axial Flow fans Manufacturer Noida various technical criteria are used when choosing fans for your building. This;
1) Working points should never be close to the "stopping point". This is a tolerance created by leaving a 2-degree safety angle so that the drive motor is not overloaded.
2) It should be ensured that the engine power is sufficient for air movements, environmental effects and power losses.
3) You must ensure that performance per blade never exceeds the mechanical limit. Otherwise, it is important to choose a fan with additional blades.
4) Also, the determined noise level should be compared with a noise limit specification. It is usually given as a sound pressure level at a certain distance from the tower.
5) Considerations About Vibration Frequency
Factors affecting the performance of Axial Flow Fans
Several design factors affect the performance of Axial Flow Fans.
1) Density or weight of air per unit volume
2) several knives on the device; This is the ratio of the sum of blade widths to the perimeter of the fan.
3) The shape of the blade. Straight, curved, forward or reverse orientation. This blade shape affects the airflow over the fan surface. The shape rotates the air and affects the speed and air profile.
Created on Jan 27th 2020 01:24. Viewed 126 times.