Effective Steps To Update Garmin GPS Mapby David Joel davidjoel
Sometimes, it is very difficult for you to update your Garmin map and you have no idea how to update it. There are two methods available to update Garmin map.First one is to update it using Garmin Express and the other one is by using Maps from the Other Sources. Here you will get to know how to perform Garmin Map Update in just simple steps. Go through it and perform it accordingly.
Directions on How to Update the Map
· Garmin Express
1. Go to your browser and write http://www.garmin.com/express/.
2. Hit the download button which is in the middle of the page to download the Garmin express set up file. The buttons are for both Mac and Windows.
3. Steps to install Garmin express:
For Windows– Hit the setup file and perform the suggested directions to “install” page.After that,go to the “I have read the terms and conditions” box. After loading it, hit the “install” option and then click on “Yes”.
For Mac– Got to the Garmin Express DMG file, hit and drag the Garmin app icon to the “applications” folder.
Important: Garmin Express is not accessible on Chromebook and on the systems that access the Linux operating system.
4. Link your Garmin device to your computer through the USB port. After loading, Garmin will show its logo with an image that implies that the connection was successful.
5. Go to the Garmin Express app icon and then hit the “get started” option.After that, select the “Add a Device” option and then click on the “Add Device” button.
6. Perform the instructions to over the setup.
7. Hit the “Install all” option and after that, your Garmin will begin to update. It will take more than a few hours for all the updates to finish. When the installation is finished, you can carefully disconnect your Garmin.
· Updating from Other Sources
1. Go to your browser and open the Garmin website.
2. Select the “Generic Routable (new style)” button as your map type.
3. In this stage, you can select a Pre-defined country or build a customized map.
In the Pre-defined Country, choose a country and download the file. Hit the “Download map now” link to go to another window.After that, download the file and then a description will pop up.
In Building a Customized Map hit the “Enable tile selection”. After that, using the map access the up and down arrows and the zoom in and zoom out buttons to tap on the tiles that you want.Now, you can request your map.
4. After requesting, you will get two emails.The first one will state that your map is processing and will provide you a link where you can see its status. And the second email will be a link where you can download your map.
5. Replace the downloaded map on your SD card of your Garmin and rename the folder as “Garmin”, After that, return the SD card into your Garmin device.
6. For setting up the map, turn on the device.Now,search and click on the “setup” option.After that,select the “map” option and open it. Click on the “map information” button and go for the map that you wish to use and choose it.
So, these are the ways on how to update your Garmin map. When you download the maps whether it is paid or free, still,it will need an account in the Garmin’s website and the registration of the device. It is advised to do Garmin GPS Update frequently to avoid any sort of difficulties.
Created on Aug 14th 2019 02:02. Viewed 766 times.