For using several apps, edit videos, and play games on your Windows 10 device, it is necessary to utilize dual monitor which is one of the easiest and fastest methods of creating a bigger canvas. Well, attaching a dual monitor display with other device is usually known as a plug-and-play process. Many times, Windows 10 devices may not be capable of identifying dual monitors due to driver and hardware related issues. Though, these issues are quite technical but easily resolved by following a few simple steps by which users can be able to troubleshoot the problems within no time.
Below we provide you steps which will guide you via the process to easily fix issues which causes a dual monitor not detected in Windows 10 device. However, if you are using these steps in the same sequence as given below will save you lots of time and efforts and help you in easing troubleshooting the issue.
Steps to Resolve Dual Monitor Display Issues by Hardware Resolving
Whenever your Windows 10 device is not recognizing a dual monitor, then there are high chances that users may be experiencing some software related issues, but any time it might also create some issues with the physical connection of the device. In case, if the Windows 10 unable to identify the dual monitor, without changing any settings on Windows 10 you need to follow the below given resolving steps which are easy and simple. Here how to do it:
- Firstly, reboot your Windows 10 device to set up a connection with dual monitor.
- With the use of integrated control on the dual monitor, you need to ensure that you have chosen the accurate input.
- After that, carefully verify the connection between the graphics card and monitor.
- Now, you need to detach the cable from both endings.
- Wait for some time, and again reconnect it with both ends.
- While using any different cable, make sure issue could not be with a wrong wire or pins located in the connector.
- Choose different port, if the graphics card and monitor includes multiple ports.
- Now, you need to connect your monitor to another system, just to check that the issue is with the monitor or not.
- Also, connect with any other working monitor to check if the issue is with the graphics card or not.
- In case, if any users are utilizing the Surface Pro 6 with a port station, you need to detect it and try to link your dual monitor direct to the device just to know that if the Surface Dock causes any issues or create some other problem.
- Alternatively, according to the type of display, you need to establish a dual monitor on the screen and update the firmware to troubleshoot the error or any kind of compatibility issue with your device.
After following the aforementioned steps, still facing the issue in troubleshooting the dual monitor, then you need to resolve some software related issues and troubleshoot them as soon as possible to connect the dual monitor with your device easily.
Steps to Troubleshoot Dual Monitor Connection Glitches by Using Settings
Once you found that the issue is not with the physical connection of the device, you need to modify few settings option or app just to force Windows 10 to recognize the dual monitor on your device easily. For this, we provide some simple steps which you need to follow in the same sequence as we mentioned. If you do not so, you might get stuck into bugs or unable to it properly.
Forcing Dual Monitor Display Detection
To manually recognize dual monitor display using the settings app, one may need to follow these simple steps which are mentioned below:
- Click on the ‘Settings’ icon to launch settings app on the screen.
- Press the ‘System’ option.
- After that, tap on the ‘Display’ tab.
- Inside the ‘Reorganize your Displays’ segment, press the ‘Detect’ button located in the below right side of the screen.
5. Once steps completed, Windows 10 should easily be capable of recognizing the dual monitor; users can be easily established as needed by using the Display Settings on the screen.
Leo Smith is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate, and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.
Created on May 30th 2019 10:20. Viewed 188 times.