Do You Know About 5 Common Sliding Door Problems?by Central Glassinc Glass Installation Service
Sliding doors are wonderful. They fill your home with natural light, letting the outside atmosphere in. Besides, they circulate fresh air throughout your home. Sliding doors are vital for your home’s design, and you must ensure that they are working properly and safely.
Here are the five most common sliding door problems that can lead to the need for sliding glass door replacement services:
1. A stuck or difficult to slide door: The main reason why a sliding door stops gliding is the accumulation of debris. Dirt, hair, animal fur, mud, and other particles can collect in the track and along the groove, clogging the rollers underneath. As a result, smooth motion is restricted, and you need to clean the rollers and the track.
2. Broken Latches: Many homeowners struggle with a latch that doesn’t catch. The simplest solution to repair the latch is to oil the same. If oiling doesn’t do the trick, it is time for you to change the whole thing. Using the right tools, remove the lock, and carry it with you to the hardware store. This ensures that you buy a compatible version and not just any lock available in the market. Follow the instructions on the lock to install it on your sliding door or window. If you are not in favor of a DIY experiment, get in touch with a sliding glass door repair company.
3. Shattered Glass: In certain cases, even though the frame is in good condition, the glass is broken, cracked, or shattered. You can try fixing this on your own if you are confident of your home improvement skills, however, it is recommended to request a professional for replacement glass shower door or window.
4. Busted Screens: A torn screen is very common, especially in homes with pets and little children. Whatever be the case, replacing the screen isn’t challenging. You can do it yourself by following a few steps or booking professional services. The cost of screen replacement services is affordable.
5. Alignment issues: Many sliding doors get knocked off from the track. As a result, you need to realign the door. The glass door must align with the track at the top and bottom of the frame. To do this on your own, remove the door and reinsert it, ensuring that the rollers first align with the top frame and then, with the bottom of the track.
There are many other problems that you may face with your sliding doors. Of course, if you want to cut back on the expenses of repair or replacement, make sure you install quality products.
Furthermore, discuss the different types of sliding doors with your service provider to ensure that what you get is not only high-quality but also suitable as per your home’s design. Sliding doors have multiple applications like patio entries, shower doors, windows, closet doors, and more. Some homeowners choose custom mirrors Sacramento for their sliding doors. These are not only more functional but also make your bedroom appear bigger.
Created on Sep 7th 2020 06:23. Viewed 118 times.