Diabetes type 1 medicineby Dhananjaya Sahoo SEO Expert and Digital Marketing Specialist
In diabetes type 1 the pancreas is not able to make insulin at all and thus the body’s ability to control blood sugar naturally is compromised. This is an autoimmune condition. In this condition body’s blood sugar needs to be managed by giving insulin supplements which therefore manages the blood sugar to remain healthy and avoid serious complications.
Diabetes type 1 is found in kids from 0-14 years of age and in some cases, it has been found to reversible with dietary and lifestyle changes. In type 1 diabetes the beta cells that produce insulin in the pancreas are thought to be not working, thus resulting in imbalance of blood sugar levels. Ayurvedic medicines provide true relief from any illnesses as they not only provide cure to the problem but also build up the body’s immunity as well. Various herbs are there in Ayurveda which boost up your immunity as well as treat diabetes mellitus from its roots. These herbs act as insulin and work as natural medicine for type 1 diabetes.
Ayurvedic medicines for diabetes type 1:
· Bitter gourd juice: Bitter gourd juice is considered to be one of the best remedies for diabetes. This is attributed to the high content of antioxidants and bioactive compounds like polypeptide-p that exhibits hypoglycemic activity. It should be taken on empty stomach every morning. Almost 30ml should be taken by the patient every morning. Bitter gourd is also known to have cancer fighting properties. It could decrease cholesterol as well. Bitter gourd may also aid in weight loss.
· Neem leaves, tulsi and belpatras: Due to the presence of antioxidants in all these 3 components, the free radical scavenging activity of glutathione and superoxide dismutase increases that enables pancreas glands functioning, and hence, better blood sugar regulation. This mixture also you should have in the morning. Neem leaves are well known for their blood sugar levels controlling factor. These herbs are potent and known for their natural remedies for blood sugar type 1 disease.
· Bel (bael) leaves: Bel leaves have anti-diabetic characteristics. Therefore, diabetics should consume the mixture of these leaves by mixing them with black pepper. Another way of mixing this concoction is by mixing 15ml of bel leaves juice with 5gm of honey and consume it thrice daily for treating diabetes mellitus effectively. Along with the leaves the bark and branches of this tree has an active constituent ‘Feronia Gum’ present in them which have shown help in controlling blood sugar level herbally. It also regulates the production of insulin from the beta cells of the pancreas which is understood to be completely destroyed in type 1 diabetes.
· Ground bay leaf, aloe vera and Turmeric: Mix ground bay leaf (1/2tbsp), turmeric (1/2 tbsp) and aloe vera (1 tbsp). This mixture should be taken twice a day before lunch and dinner. It is quite effective in controlling blood sugar levels attributed to the high content of anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. Bay leaves are known to have hypoglycaemic effects on diabetics, due to the presence of number of phytochemicals and essential oils in it. Consumption of bay leaves has found to improve insulin and glucose metabolism. The active component of bay leaves is a Polyphenol, which helps in controlling glucose levels. Aloe vera juice is known to have several health benefits on diabetics by reducing their fasting blood glucose levels. Turmeric’s active component curcumin is credited with anti-diabetic effects. Curcumin is known to reduce blood sugar levels and also found to reduce diabetes related complications.
· Methi (Fenugreek) seeds: Fenugreek seeds are effective in reducing blood sugar levels and natural remedy for diabetes. Infusing methi seeds in glass of water overnight and then drinking it next day morning can work wonders in reducing blood glucose levels.
· Cinnamon powder: Cinnamon powder is an effective natural remedy for diabetes. Mix 3-4 tbsp of cinnamon powder in 1 litre of water and then heat the mixture for 20 minutes. Later strain the mixture and consume it on daily basis. Cinnamon imitates the effect of insulin and increases glucose transmission to the cells. It can also help lower blood sugar by increasing insulin sensitivity, making insulin more efficient at moving glucose into cells.
· Jamun seeds and jamun leaves: Jamun contains alkaloid jambolana or antimellin that prevents the conversion of starch into sugar. Thus chewing 4-5 Jamun leaves can be very beneficial for curing type 2 diabetes. Also, jamun seeds can be grounded and infused with water to be in taken as an effective medicine for diabetes. The fruit can also be consumed during the season for its insulin sensitivity.
· Amla or Indian gooseberry: Amla’s curative properties are widely known. Around 20ml of juice taken twice a day can be immensely good for diabetic patients. The fruit can be dried and powdered and this powder can be taken in churna form as well. Amla is known to control pancreatitis and thus helps in insulin production. Amla comprises of the mineral chromium known for regulation of carbohydrate metabolism and is said to make the body more responsive to insulin, further keeping the blood sugar levels in check. The antioxidant effects of amla reduce oxidation in the body thereby reducing diabetes. Ayurvedic formulations with amla extract can be helpful in curing diabetes.
· Banyan tree bark: The decoction of banyan tree bark can be another effective ayurvedic medicine for diabetes. This is due to the presence of a compound called Leucocyanidin that stimulates insulin secretion and also, insulin degradation. Take 20gms of banyan tree bark powder and mix it in 4 glasses of water and heat it. This mixture should be heated till the water is reduced to 1 glass of water and consume the mixture daily after it gets cold. This is highly beneficial in type 1 diabetes.
· Vijaysar churna: Also known as Indian Keno powder, it is prepared from the bark of Pterocarpus marsupium or vijaysar tree. It is highly effective in pacifying the Kapha and Pitta dosha. The extensive anti-glycaemic, anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of the vijaysar tree not only helps in managing blood sugar levels by preventing the damage of pancreatic cells but also reduces excess fat, promotes digestion, treats bleeding disorders and various skin inflammatory conditions.
· Triphala: This health concoction is a mixture of three dried herbs Amla, Bibhitaki and Haritaki. Triphala can be another ayurvedic medicine for diabetes as it helps in reducing blood sugar levels.
· Healthy lifestyle and diet: Along with the above medicines a good lifestyle and diet is equally important for control and cure of diabetes. Physical activity plays a major role in management of your blood sugar levels.
Created on May 30th 2021 12:56. Viewed 81 times.