Data Exporting from QuickBooks Desktop to Onlineby Nency Willims Technical Support Expert
This article shows you how to export data from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online.
1: Here are some critical points that must be kept in mind before beginning the process:
· If the QB Desktop version is older than 2016, an updated trial link must be downloaded and installed.
· Users have to be logged in as admin in the QB Desktop file and the QB Online account.
· The conversion must be started from the QB Desktop company file and not QB Online.
· The QB Desktop data can only be imported within the first 60 days of starting QB Online company. When data is imported, the QB Desktop file will replace the QB Online file and also overwrite all information that exists.
· If Payroll has been switched on in QB Online, users must not try to convert the file.
· The QB file has to be below 350,000 targets; the size of the file won’t affect anything. If users cross the target limit, they will only have the option of importing their lists and/or balances. So, users must learn to check the target count in their files and then condense the counts when required.
· Some information/data might not be imported when exporting to QB Online.
· If any errors occur during the import, they can be resolved during the conversion to QB Online.
2: Exporting QB Desktop Company Data
QB Desktop Pro/Premier files
· First, the file that has to be exported must be opened. Next, users must navigate to Company -> Export Company File to QuickBooks Online. Then, users must connect to QB Online by following the on-screen prompts.
· If the option to export isn’t visible, QB Desktop will have to be updated. To do this, users must go to Help and then Update QuickBooks. There, users must choose all the updates found in the Update Now window and then choose Get Updates.
· After the updates are completed, users must choose Close, followed by File-> Exit.
· Then, QuickBooks must be restarted, and users must install the updates as prompted. The installation of the updates could take 15 or more minutes, based on when QuickBooks was updated last.
NOTE: If users don’t download and install the updates fully, the export company link might not be shown. If users can’t complete the updates, QuickBooks Desktop update errors will have to be fixed. Please contact our AccountingHub QuickBooks Tech Support Team on how this can be done.
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise files
IMPORTANT: It is recommended that active users of advanced QB Enterprise features not move their data from QB Desktop Enterprise to QB Online, as this could lead to data loss. Before the conversion, users must determine that QB Online is the right option for them:
· Users can try QB Online on some sample companies
· If users want to figure out if QB Online provides the features and functions they need, then they must review the limitations associated with converting from Desktop to Online.
· If users want online connectivity and yet want to avail the advanced features of QB Enterprise, they can try hosting their QB Enterprise.
· For QB Desktop Enterprise files, users must first open the company file and then press Ctrl + 1 for accessing the Product Information window. Then, users must press Ctrl + B + Q and then choose OK for closing the Product Information window.
Next, users must follow the on-screen prompts for connecting to QB Online.
In case the sign-in window doesn’t show after the Product Information window is closed, users must repeat all the steps till closing the Product Information window that have been mentioned above.
3: Connecting to QB Online and importing data
· First, users will have to enter their QB Online login; their user ID is generally the email ID that they used while signing up. Then, after agreeing to the Terms Of Service, users must choose Sign In.
· If there’s inventory in user’s files and they are importing from QB Desktop 2016 or later versions, they will see a screen that will ask: “Do you want to bring over inventory?”. If the screen doesn’t appear, they must go to the next step.
· If the screen with the message appears, uses must have the Plus edition of QB Online. The inventory-tracking function isn’t available in Simple Start and Essentials. If users’ inventory is extensive, they can track their product items’ quantity on hand in Plus.
· If the screen with the message doesn’t appear, users must choose the QB Online company to which the data has to be imported or they can create a new company. If QB Online company is already created, users must not create a new one and select the one that was created from the drop-down menu.
· Next, users must choose Ok, Got It.
· Once the import is completed, an email confirmation will be sent to users. But this can take almost 24 hours.
For further information, please call our AccountingHub QuickBooks Technical Support Team at this toll-free helpline +1-844-313-4856. The AccountingHub QuickBooks helpdesk can provide 24X7 assistance.
Created on Feb 20th 2019 03:34. Viewed 185 times.