Complete setup guide for 123.hp.com/dj2652 Printer
by Carl Smith Software Developer
This guide will walk you through the whole 123.hp.com/dj2652 Printer Setup process. Make sure you follow each step in the sequence given here to avoid any blocks during the hp DeskJet 2652 installation.
The hp DeskJet 2652 model is an entry-level all in one printer, design to handle the basic day to day printing requirement and comes with print, scan, and copy capability. The printer supports both the wired and wireless connection type and even accommodate the latest hp auto wireless connect feature.
- When you open the printer’s package box, you will find;
- Hp driver and software installation media, usually a CD.
- One power chord with an adapter, to connect the printer to the power supply.
- A USB cable for connecting the printer to the computer.
- Two ink cartridges, one for black and white printing, and one for colored printouts.
- User manual and setup guide for the Hp DeskJet 2652 printer.
All the mentioned accessories are necessary for the proper setup of your new hp printer. Although highly unlikely but if you find anything missing contact the vendor or the online marketplace from where you made the purchase, at the earliest, to get the printer package replaced with a complete set.
Hardware setup for hp DeskJet 2652 printer
- Carefully remove the printer from the box and put it on a flat leveled surface.
- Remove any sticking tape or packaging you find on the printer.
- Pull open the ink cartridge cabinet, you will find sticking tapes there too, remove them.
- When the printer is free from all the packaging material, insert the power chord in the power port, and then connect it to the power supply.
- Switch on the printer, it will make some noises, don’t worry it’s the printer’s part aligning themselves.
- The next step is to insert the ink cartridges but you must wait till the printer becomes idle, that is you don’t hear any noise coming from it.
- Bring out the Cartridges from their packing, hold them carefully, and avoid any contact with the ink nozzle once you have removed the protective tape from them.
- Now push the Cartridges inside their cabinet with ink nozzle pointing towards the printer. When you hear the snap sound, it means the cartridge is properly fitted in its place.
- After this, raise the paper input tray, push the paper width guide to the left, and load some papers into the tray.
- Slide-out the paper output tray and the extender. This completes the 123 hp DJ 2652 printer hardware setup.
123.hp.com/2652 printer software setup
Once you have done the hardware part, move on to set up the hp printer software. Continue to the guide and you will learn how it is done.
- Insert the software installation CD in the optical drive and let the setup install the hp printer software and drivers onto your computer.
- Alternatively, you can download the software by visiting the 123.hp.com/setup or the 123.hp.com/dj2652 page. The main benefit is that you will get the latest version.
Start the Hp DeskJet 2652 printer connection
Once you have completed the hardware and software setup for your hp 123 DJ 2652 printer, now it’s ready to connect to your computer. For the connection part you have two options:
- Wired connection via USB cable
- Wireless connection through your computer’s WIFI network.
The wireless connection also gives you two options, you can either connect through the Hp auto wireless connect which collects all your network information through your router to connect or you can opt for the WIFI Protected Setup, which employes the router’s WPS feature.
Wired Connection Via USB Cable
After the DeskJet 2652 software installation, run it, and when the connect screen appears, choose the connection type as USB.
- Now insert the USB cable into the USB port of both the printer and your PC.
- Wait for sometimes, you pc will check the connection status, setup the USB drivers and when done, will display the message, “the printer is ready.”
Wireless connection with Hp auto wireless connect
On the connection window of the hp software choose the connection type as wireless and then click on the Hp auto wireless connect option.
- For this connection type to work your PC’s operating system must have full control over the router as the network check will collect the required network settings to connect to your network.
- Also, check that the led indicating the wireless connection is blinking.
- Just the on-screen prompts and your printer will do the rest.
Wireless Connection Via WPS
Your router must have a WPS button for this connection type to work, so check it before proceeding.
- Place the printer within the range of your router’s WI-FI network.
- Now hold the wireless button on your hp DeskJet 2652 Printer’s control panel till the LED indicating the wireless connection start flashing.
- Now press the WPS button on your router and hold it for some time.
- When the WPS connection is initiated, your printer will look for the network, and connect to it.
- If the connection was successful, the wireless LED should have stopped flashing.
Created on Nov 11th 2020 08:36. Viewed 249 times.