Comparing the Benefits of Wood Look Porcelain Tiles and Luxury Vinyl Tilesby Lisa C. Marketing Writer
When you are looking to create a warm, welcoming wood-look ambiance in your home, you have two options to go with. Porcelain and Luxury Vinyl.
Both these materials are available in tiles and planks of standard sizes.
Some people might feel perplexed, especially, when they have to take a decision between these two materials. So, to calm your bafflement, here is a quick, pointwise comparison between the benefits of wood-look porcelain tiles and wood-look luxury vinyl planks/tiles –
Wood Look Porcelain Tiles –
- These tiles are made of clay. Ideally, a dough of clay is pressed through molds, given designs and prints, dried, glazed, and burned at extreme temperature.
- The prints on these tiles never fade out. They stay for years.
- The tile requires rightful installation to give you solid, beautiful, and durable walls and floors.
- Wood look porcelain tiles are waterproof, moisture-proof, mold-, bacteria, and allergen-resistant.
- They are fire-resistant, heat-resistant, and slip resistant too. This mean, they can be used for bathrooms, kitchens, laundries, and other areas exposed to water and moisture.
- Porcelain tiles are hard and dense, and can be used in commercial and industrial purposes too.
Wood Look Luxury Vinyl Planks/Tiles –
- Wood look LVTs/LVPs are made of polyvinyl chloride. Put simply, they are a type of plastic, a soft yet durable plastic sheet that looks like real wood planks.
- These planks and tiles do not feel cold like wood look porcelain tiles.
- They are light in weight and easier to install. They do not require thin set or grout for installation. You will need a special glue to apply these tiles on your floors and walls. They best part is, they can be installed on any surface (which is flat and solid).
- Wood look luxury vinyl tiles and planks are 100% waterproof and moisture proof. They do not absorb water or moisture. In addition, they are bacterial resistant, mold resistant, and slip resistant, and with that said, a suitable choice for your bathroom and kitchen.
- They are super easy to clean. They always shine and don’t catch stains as other floor tiles do.
- Wood look luxury vinyl tiles cost lower than wood look porcelain tiles.
This article has been brought to you by MosaicsAndTile.com, one of the leading tile suppliers in US.
Created on Mar 13th 2023 11:20. Viewed 49 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.