Career Prospect in Digital Marketing
by Dhvaj Kumar SEARCH FOR COLLEGE REVIEWS & RATINGS
Digital marketing is one of the booming career options today as the world is getting more and more digitized. Digital marketing is an umbrella term for the marketing of products or services using technologies mainly on the internet, mobile phone, display advertising, and any other digital medium. Digital marketing is surely one of the enviable jobs with increasing human interest in online pursuits. The field is still evolving and changing with time due to advancement in technology. It is one of the most creative and dynamic industry where you will never get bored and will have a better chance of presenting new ideas. It is the most important function of any business as no product or service can survive in absence of marketing of what they make.
Digital marketing certification course eligibility criteria:
- There are no eligibility criteria as such for this course, anyone who is sales and marketing professionals, entrepreneurs, students, digital marketers or IT Professionals can take up this course. People from any background can attend this certification course.
Digital marketing activities:
- Content Marketing (Web Pages, Blogging, Syndication, etc.)
- Search Engine Marketing (Google Adwords, etc.)
- Email Marketing (Mailchimp, etc.)
- Social Marketing (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Youtube)
- Search Engine Optimization (Meta info, keywords, etc.)
- Community Marketing (Slack, Reddit, Forums, etc.)
- Video Marketing (YouTube, Vimeo, Wistia, etc.)
- App store Optimization (ASO) - (Optimize for Mobile apps)
- PPC (Google AdWords, Bing PPC)
Popular digital marketing channels:
- Display Advertising - It involves designing of graphical advertisements and placing them next to content on websites, e-mails and another digital format, and instant messaging applications in the form of text, images, audio or video clips, animation, or other interactive content.
- E-mail Marketing - In this form of marketing, products or services are marketed to targeted customers via e-mail.
- Social Media Marketing - Social networks like Facebook, MySpace, and LinkedIn, blogs, microblogging websites like Twitter, forums, wikis or open encyclopedias, content communities like Flickr and YouTube, and podcasts involve in building of networks or communities by allowing users to interact with each other.
- Affiliate Marketing - It is performance based marketing involving a business owner and one or more websites or affiliates. Affiliates can make money in 3 ways: Pay Per Click, Pay Per Sale, or Pay Per Lead.
Digital marketing job opportunities:
- Marketing Campaign Manager
- Web Marketing Advisor
- Internet Marketing Consultant
- Internet Marketing Specialist
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) marketing specialist
- Online Marketing Manager
- Web Marketing Analyst
- Online Marketing Executive
- Content Manager
- Copy Writer
- Brand Manager
- Social Media Strategist
Google Online Marketing Challenge (GOMC) - Free online digital marketing course
GOMC is an online course with modules covering introductory digital marketing, search engine marketing, search advertising, display advertising, mobile, social, analytics, and video, making it one of the most comprehensive courses for beginners. It is a unique opportunity for students to experience and create online marketing campaigns using Google Ad Words. From almost 100 countries, over 110, 000 students and professors have participated in the past 9 years. It is a great free online digital marketing course with a competitive angle and a real-world experience element. To get Google certified professional certificate you have to attend and pass GCP examination separately. The candidate has to pass at least 2 exams out of 3 to achieve this certificate.
Tips to make career in Digital marketing:
- You need to have lots of passion and desire to learn as it is both fast-growing and incredibly competitive industry.
- Digital marketing is very dynamic in nature, therefore, you have to keep yourself up-to-date and on top of industry news by following major digital marketing sites and influential people on social media.
- Try to attend seminars and conferences to gain knowledge and support network from experts for future.
- Try to get familiar with digital marketing terminology such as PPC, SEM, SEO, etc.
- To have a successful career in digital marketing you have to be technology savvy.
- An online presence such as LinkedIn, blog writing, website making, etc. is necessary for digital marketing as your future employer or client is likely to check your presence on the medium.
Top digital marketing companies:
- 0Webchutney Studio Pvt. Ltd.
- Windchimes Constructions Pvt. Ltd.
- PageTraffic Web Tech
- Wildnet Technologies
- Avignyata Inc.
- Sparrow Interactive Pvt. Ltd.
- Brainwork Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Source - https://www.reviewadda.com/institute/article/70/career-prospect-in-digital-marketing
Created on Sep 7th 2017 06:39. Viewed 571 times.