Can Vitamin B raise the risk of Lung Cancer: Truth Revealed by Lung Cancer Specialistby Cancer Consult India Cancer Consult India What is Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer is an uncontrollable growth of tissues in your respiratory organs known as Lungs. When cells begin to grow out of control, they start multiplying abnormally and cause respiratory problems at the initial stage. Lung cancer cells gradually develop in the cells lining the bronchi and parts of the lung, which are bronchioles or alveoli. Symptoms include abnormal breathing, pain in the chest, fatigue, or loss of appetite.
What are the causes of Lung cancer?
The causes of lung cancer are thoroughly elaborated by a cancer specialist in Delhi. Due to uncontrolled tissue growth, cancer develops after genetic damage to DNA and epigenetic changes. On the formation of these changes, these cancer tissues accumulate the risk and may result in fatality. The causes are:
- Smoking: According to the best cancer doctor in Delhi, smoking is one of the main contributors to lung cancer. Cigarette smoke emits 73 known carcinogens that are harmful to the lungs.
- Radon gas: Radon is the second cause of lung cancer. It is a colorless and odorless gas that is generated due to the breakdown of the radioactive element known as radium. This produces a decay product of uranium that emits a gas form of matter. According to an Oncologist in Noida, this radon gas causes more than 21,000 deaths each year.
- Asbestos: For smokers who use the product known as asbestos, the chances of lung cancer increases by 45% for them. Tobacco smoking and asbestos have synergistic effects and contribute to the development of cancer in the lungs.
How Vitamin B causes the Risk of Lung Cancer?
Vitamin B contains common ingredients of multivitamins to boost energy metabolism. According to researchers, excessive intake of Vitamin B in the form of supplements can increase the risk of cancer. When the data was analyzed, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12 as individual supplements were each shown to increase lung cancer risk by 30-40% in men, but not in women. Ineffective chain of smokers who have a high intake of supplement B6, there is an increase in the risk of developing lung cancer by three times.
List of Prevention tips:
- Quit/Don’t Smoke: Visit different organizations that help people get rid of smoking addiction. Talk to your family and friends about how smoking increases the chance of lung cancer.
- Monitor your Vitamin B supplement intake: Consult your doctor before deciding upon whether you need Vitamin B supplement. Too much of anything can be harmful. It’s better to discuss with the best Lung Cancer doctor in Delhi NCR to know about what medications one should avoid.
- Test your home for radon: Ensure that your environment is safe. After undergoing, cancer specialists advise to get radon testing done and prevent a recurrence.
Why is consulting Dr. Manish Singhal important?
He is one of the best cancer doctors providing the treatment for lung cancer in Noida. With supreme knowledge in the field of oncology, Dr. Manish Singhal is the most trusted cancer specialist in Delhi. Treating patients very delicately, he manages to bring their motivation at par. For any consultation, visit Dr. Manish Singhal, the best oncologist in Delhi NCR.
Also Read: Initial Days of Lung Cancer are often emotional: 9 Caring Ways to Support a Lung Cancer Patient.
Created on Mar 17th 2020 03:05. Viewed 252 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.