Best Ways to Resolve QuickBooks Update Error 15106by Olivia Watson Accounting Software Experts
QuickBooks error code 15106 is often faced when downloading the QuickBooks desktop updates. This error appears on the screen with an error message that says “The update program cannot be opened. The update program is damaged”. The user can end up in such an error when using payroll or when trying to update QuickBooks, but it failed popping up such an error.
If you are facing theissue again and again, then we recommend you to read this post carefully till the end. Or you can also get in touch with our customer support team, via our toll-free number and leave the rest on our professionals. They will resolve your issues instantly on your behalf.
What leads to QuickBooks payroll update error 15106?
This particular error can be seen due to the following reasons:
· One of the most common reasons can be if the user is not having or not using the admin credentials
· Another reason can be if the user account settings is enabled
· The user can also end up in such an error if the antivirus is preinstalled and blocking the update process
Steps to fix the QuickBooks payroll update error 15106
The user can perform the below stated steps related to turning off user account control to fix the QuickBooks update error 15106.
· The very first step is to open the run box by pressing Windows + R keys
· And then, type in the control panel and also click on ok tab
· The next step is to choose the user accounts
· The user should then click on change user account control settings
· Note that if you are getting any prompt by UAC, then click on yes to continue
· Once done with that, the user should move the slider, if you wish to set to turn UAC OFF, then click on never notify and also choose ok tab
· For turning UAC ON, the user should set to always notify and click on ok tab
· End the process by restarting the system and you are done
We expect that the steps mentioned above might help in fixing QuickBooks payroll update error 15106. However, if the error persists even after following the steps above, then in such a scenario feel free to speak to ourvia our number i.e. 1-800-615-2347. We will not leave any stone unturned to answer all your queries with most relevant solutions.
Created on Jan 3rd 2022 00:22. Viewed 109 times.