Best way to Remove McAfee Common Management Agentby Alica Speight Best Support
If you have mismatched files that prevent standard removal methods after an upgrade, problems with Access Protection features included in VSE, any conflict with third-party software or your files get corrupted before or while upgrading, you might remove the common Management Agent manually. McAfee Support would like to inform you that if VSE is installed currently (managed by ePO), use the following method for disabling the option:
Prevent McAfee service from being stopped:
- Go to Start, click on Programs and select McAfee.
- Open VirusScan Console and right-click Access Protection.
- Click Properties.
- Untick Prevent McAfee services from being stopped.
- Hit the Apply button.
- Exit from the Console and continue to remove CMA from the command prompt.
If VSA is managed by Epo:
- Sign to the ePO 4.x console.
- Go to Menu > Systems > System Tree.
- Choose the directory or computer level for the VSE policy to be edited.
- Go to the Assigned Policies tab and select VirusScan Enterprise from list.
- Under the column of Actions click Edit Assignment for the Access Protection Policies entry.
- Choose Break inheritance and assign the policy and settings below and for the My Default entry, choose Edit policy.
- Deselect Prevent McAfee services from being stopped by clicking Access Protection tab and click Save to save the made changes.
- To apply changes send an Agent Wakeup Call or you can wait for the next policy to take effect.
- Exit from the ePO console.
Delete CMA from the Command Prompt:
- Go to Start menu and open the Run box. For a new installation of VSE, Enter the appropriate command:
“c:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\frminst.exe” /forceuninstall
- Restart the system to delete the CMA processes from memory and finish the file deletion.
McAfee Technical Support Canada is just a call from your reach to get any problem fixed you are encountering in McAfee Products. Our team of certified technicians and highly experienced engineers will provide the best and top satisfactory solutions. We help you to get real and effective protection by fixing any problem. So make a call on 1-844-856-1333 to get the appropriate resolutions regarding the persisting issues instantly.
Created on Nov 16th 2017 00:41. Viewed 587 times.