Best Roofing Alternatives That You Must Considerby King Roofing Roofing Services in Marietta
Nowadays, the market is filled with so many great roofing options such that it becomes impossible for someone to identify one best option for their purpose.
There are many types of roofing materials to choose from, and a little bit of investigation might help you to identify which kind of roofing material is good for your purpose:
Different Roofing Materials That Can Be Used:-
Are you looking for the replacement of your current roof? At the same time, you don’t want to pick a conventional roofing option and desiring to pick something new.
As an experienced Roofing Contractor in Marietta, we can suggest you with a list of some lesser-known roofing alternatives:-
- Stone Coated Metal
The Stone Coated Metal Roofing has the appearance similar to asphalt shingles, wood shakes and clay tiles. This is a highly durable roofing material that comes with a warranty of upto 50 years.
Other Features Of Stone Coated Metal:-
· Wind, hail, and fire resistant roofing material.
· It is Corrosion resistant and made with crushed granite.
· Installed over wood strips or battens, that create air channels between the roof deck and the roofing.
· Air spaces serve as insulation that helps keep the roof deck cooler in summer.
- Solar Shingles
Solar shingles are the roofing material consisting of inbuilt solar panels. Early forms of solar panels used “thin-film” solar technology. But today these solar shingles are typically made up of stiff materials such as tempered glass. This increases the robustness and durability of solar shingles.
Other Features Of Solar Shingles:-
· Create electricity without the installation of any special equipment.
· The roofing material that offers financial profit on investment.
- Single Ply Roofing
This kind of roofing material is generally used for commercial purposes. It is of two types - thermoset and thermoplastic.
Thermoplastic single-ply membranes often are hot-air welded together to form solid laps. When the thermoplastic material cools, it returns to its original state, forming a stable bond.
Thermoset membranes are made with layers of synthetic rubber polymer, such as EPDM, CSPE, and Neoprene.
Other Features of Single Ply Roofing:-
· It requires low maintenance.
· The membranes are resistant to wind and UV.
· Resistant From Chemicals.
· Reinforcing layer of polyester or fiberglass upsurges strength and firmness.
- Standing Seam Roofing
This type of roofing refers to a type of roof that has panels that run vertically up the length of the roof, and seams that connect one panel to another. This roofing material is made up of economical and durable roofing membranes such as Thermoplastic Olefin (TPO), Polyvinyl Chloride and Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer(EPDM), These are quite expensive and affect curb appeal in some way.
Other Features of Standing Seam Roofing:-
· Do not require constant maintenance.
· Has a lifespan of about 50 years.
· Consist of Interlocking Panels.
- Built Up Roofing
Built –Up Roofing is one of the oldest roofing materials used for flat roofs. BUR comprises of multiple layers of bitumen and an aggregate coating. There are generally two types of built-up roofing - hot and cold. The only disadvantage of BUR is that it has a long-term and costly installation process.
Other Features of Built-Up Roofing:-
· Holds waterproofing properties.
· Easy and efficient to maintain.
· Fire resistant properties.
· Long-lasting and durable.
· Smooth and attractive finished surface.
· Works well against harsh weather conditions.
- Eco-Friendly Roofs
A green eco-roof is a living roof that is used as an alternative to conventional roofs. To install these roofs, the underlying structure is tested to ensure if it is strong enough to carry the weight of a green roof. Ones it gets installed gives a beautiful and environment friendly appearance.
Other Features Of Eco—Friendly Roofs:-
· Easy to install and does not require professional assistance.
· It is a perfect addition to flat roofs.
· Do not require any maintenance.
· These roofs are aesthetically pleasing and improve the curb appeal.
· Roofs become home to birds, insects, and other animals.
Thus, these were some of the best roofing alternatives that you can try for your home or office. If you are a native of Marietta, GA, then you can take services from the Roofing Company in Marietta and get your home/office roof replaced.
you have any questions regarding this article or need some good roofing advice
then talk with King Roofing Pros, LLC.
Created on Nov 16th 2019 06:59. Viewed 250 times.