Best Office Apps for Android Deviceby Sheeja Balakrishnan Julia Meade
With 74% holding, Android has become the most dominant mobile platform all across the globe. You can install various applications on your Android device that can enhance your entertainment experience. Apart from entertainment, you can install multiple office apps that can boost your productivity and help you in getting your work done.
In this article, we will mention some best office applications you can install on your Android device:
With more than 4 million downloads, AndrOpen Office is the most preferred office suite among Android users. AndrOpen Office offers an office suite of 5 components: a word processor, spreadsheet, presentation graphics, drawing, equation editor.
Features of AndrOpen Office
- You can view, edit, insert, and export documents in PDF format.
- It supports various file formats including OpenDocument, PSD, SVG, TIFF, DIF, SLK, MET, RAS, and more.
- You can access the app for free.
- It supports cloud storage for Google Drive, Box.com, Dropbox, OneDrive, and other personal hardware.
- It offers efficient and powerful editors and processors.
Docs To Go
Docs To Go allows you to edit, create, and view your Adobe PDF files on your Android device. It offers basic features like word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation editing.
Features of Docs To Go:
- The app offers an Android smartphone version as well as a tablet version.
- You can save the changes directly to your smartphone, memory card, and various cloud storage.
- The app supports English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Turkish, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Arabic, Polish, and Czech languages.
- You can sort your saved files by Name, Modified, Size, etc.
- The app offers high fidelity viewing by hyperlinks, bookmarks, comments, footnotes, endnotes, embedded graphics, table of contents, and more.
- The other “WORD TO GO” features include paragraph alignment, editing of bullets and numbering, find and replace function, word count and you can also track your changes.
- Their “SHEET TO GO” features include sorting, auto-fitting, cell and sheet formatting options, chart viewing, and finding the next option. You can also rename, insert, and delete the worksheets.
- Their “SLIDESHOW TO GO” features include viewing of speaker notes, flicking through slides, rehearsing timings, editing, and sorting slides.
- You can view your PDF files with options like page view, word wrap, auto-rotate, bookmarks, etc.
Google Drive offers one of the most efficient suites of office apps. Google Drive’s suite includes a PDF Viewer, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slides, and Google Drive.
Features of Google Drive:
- With Google Drive, you can easily store and access your files anywhere.
- You can search your files by name and content.
- You can set the accessibility of your files and folders.
- You can view your content offline as well.
- The app sends a notification about any recent activity on your files.
- Google Drive offers free storage of 15GB, which can be shared across Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos. But if you wish to expand your cloud storage, then you can upgrade to their subscription-based plan.
Microsoft Office offers a variety of tools to increase your efficiency and productivity. Its Office suite includes Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive, Outlook, and Teams.
Features of Microsoft Office:
- You can access Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint for free.
- You can open and edit your files with various editing tools.
- Your files will automatically sync to your desktop via OneDrive.
- You can easily access the basic features of Microsoft Office for free. However, you can easily upgrade to their premium version to unlock some advanced features.
Microsoft Remote Desktop
As its name suggests, Microsoft Remote Desktop allows you to access your Microsoft PC from your Android smartphone remotely. You can set your PC for remote access and then connect it with the “Microsoft Remote Desktop” app.
Features of Microsoft Remote Desktop:
- The app allows you to access remote resources published by your admin.
- You can connect remotely by a “Remote Desktop Gateway.”
- You can do high-quality audio and video streaming.
- It offers extensive multi-touch experience and establishes a secure connection to your data.
- You can easily manage your connections from the Connection Center.
OfficeSuite is the second most preferred tool after Google Drive because it offers similar functions. With OfficeSuite, you can easily create Word, Excel, and PowerPoint presentations.
Features of OfficeSuite:
- With OfficeSuite, you can easily open, view, and annotate your PDF files.
- It offers various advanced features like format painter, conditional formatting, advanced formulas, presentation mode, and more.
- You can save your Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files into PDF format.
- You can work with fillable forms and can digitally sign your PDF files.
- You can set high security for your files with enhanced security and permission management.
- You can link your Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, and Dropbox account with OfficeSuite.
- You get 50GB storage on MobiDrive.
- You can access OfficeSuite on two mobile devices and 1 Windows PC.
- OfficeSuite comes with a seven-day free trial. After the free trial, you can buy their flexible monthly and annual plans to access advanced tools and features.
Conclusion With an increase in the usability of mobile devices, the need for office apps on smartphones has also risen. The above mentioned mobile applications help you in getting your work done from anywhere. You can do various essential functions with these applications without carrying your PC.
I’m Anny. I’m a social media manager living in USA. I am a fan of technology, design, and music. I’m also interested in fitness and movies. You can attend my event with a click on the button above.
Created on Aug 27th 2020 03:43. Viewed 211 times.