Benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil for the bodyby Luessi Dino I am a Writer Olive oil has always been used in international cuisine and since a few years, this goodness has come to India too where more and more people are incorporating olive oil in their daily cooking owing to its wholesome goodness. As more and more people are realizing the benefits of olive oil, the demand for extra virgin olive oil in India has increased by manifolds. It is extremely beneficial for the skin, hair and body.
Difference between Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Regular Olive Oil
Extra Virgin olive oil is made from pure and cold pressed olives whereas regular olive oil is a blend of cold pressed olives and processed oils. This factor makes extra virgin olive oil extra pure and extra beneficial for the skin and body.
Olive Oil is graded by its level of acidity or free oleic acid. Extra Virgin Olive Oil is an unrefined olive oil which contains more level of vitamins and minerals as compared to regular oils.
Characteristics which make Extra Virgin Olive Oil better than regular Olive Oil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil has more aroma and flavour
- It is slightly bitter and darker in color
- It retains a more true olive taste
- It has a lower level of oleic acid
- It has a greenish-golden color and peppery finish
- It has a lower smoke point as compared to other oils
Benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heart Health: FDA has stated that Extra Virgin Olive Oil reduces the risk of heart diseases due to its monosaturated content and has advised people to consume 2 tablespoons of olive oil per day for good heart health.
- Antioxidants: Extra Virgin Olive Oil contains polyphenols which are powerful antioxidants. These reduce oxidative stress in the human body.
- Great Moisturizer: Olive oil is a great moisturizer for the skin. It can also work wonders for the skin to fight acne by getting rid of the bacteria.
- Hair Health: Olive Oil nourishes hair and enables you to grow your hair thick, long and lustrous.
Sourcing Extra Virgin Olive Oil in India
There are many companies manufacturing Extra Virgin Olive Oil in India but all are not as pure and good in quality. When buying extra virgin olive in India, one needs to ensure that the quality and price are appropriate. It is advisable to check the characteristics of extra virgin olive oil before buying.
This healthy fat brings in a world of goodness to the human body and adds a lot of flavour to our Indian dishes. Many people are still sceptical about trying Olive oil in regular Indian cuisine thinking that it suits best in Italian cuisine. But that is a myth. Extra Virgin olive oil renders an excellent flavour to Indian dishes just like our coconut oil, groundnut oil and sunflower oil and it is the healthiest of all too.
Created on Nov 20th 2018 01:48. Viewed 689 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.